cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Capital one finally changing their Anti-Credit limit increases and giving them??

tag
percy81
Frequent Contributor

Is Capital one finally changing their Anti-Credit limit increases and giving them??

I tried for the millionith time to get an increase with them because that 1,000 limit just rubs me the wrong way considering how long i've been with them and loyal.

Well of course, everytime you get declined for an increase they email you a generic reason why, but this time it's not the "we're sorry but your account is ineliglible for an increase right now, we'll be doing reviews periodically" or something to that effect.  Today I got a different one.

Thank you for contacting Capital One® regarding your account. Unfortunately, we cannot approve a credit line increase for the following reason(s):

This Capital One account is not currently eligible for a credit line increase upon request. We're reviewing our policy for increasing credit limits. While we do this, we won't be able to offer you more credit.

We regret any inconvenience and look forward to continuing to serve you. Please keep in mind the great benefits your card offers, like 24/7 online account management that allows you to change your payment due date, make online payments, and set up e-mail or text alerts to notify you when you approach your credit limit. To manage your account online, go to www.capitalone.com.

If you have any questions about this decision, please give us a call at 1-800-955-7070. Thank you for being our customer.

Sincerely,

Capital One Customer Care Team Are they finally realizing their policy is crappy, when you have people with great credit and good income asking for possiblly a measley 500-1000 more and can't get passed 1,000?? This was my builder card and it served it's purpose and i'm wondering if once it serves its purpose they automatically take you off of the increase limit list and save it for the ones struggling to rebuild? I'm mean their not stupid, if they know I have chase and Discover with cash back rewards and decent limits, that they know no matter how much more they give me i wont use them because of the no rewards!? hmmm

Current: TU 772 EQ 765 EX 760 (GE credit pull)
Goal 800+
WHAT'S IN MY WALLET: American Express Blue Cash Preferred 34,000/ Citi Simplicity 16,600 / Discover IT 16,500/ Chase freedom 4,800/ Care credit 20,000/ R us MasterCard 7,500/ kohls 2,500/ LensCrafters 2,400 / Citi Double Cash 13,200/ Amazon Visa 7,000
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Involus
Regular Contributor

Re: Is Capital one finally changing their Anti-Credit limit increases and giving them??

Been like this for months, I wouldn't get your hopes too high.

Message 2 of 5
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Is Capital one finally changing their Anti-Credit limit increases and giving them??

Kind of like when you were a kid and asked your parents for something and they said they're thinking about it.  Yup, they're thinking, just not doing.  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 5
percy81
Frequent Contributor

LOLSmiley Very Happy sooo true. The only time i got excited was when my parents said "maybe" it was always a yes...thinking about it is a no!

Current: TU 772 EQ 765 EX 760 (GE credit pull)
Goal 800+
WHAT'S IN MY WALLET: American Express Blue Cash Preferred 34,000/ Citi Simplicity 16,600 / Discover IT 16,500/ Chase freedom 4,800/ Care credit 20,000/ R us MasterCard 7,500/ kohls 2,500/ LensCrafters 2,400 / Citi Double Cash 13,200/ Amazon Visa 7,000
Message 4 of 5
Razeus
Frequent Contributor

They've been "reviewing thier policies" for years now...

My Wallet:
AMEX Platinum | Discover It $20.3k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $16k | Chase United $12k | AMEX SimplyCash Plus Business $11.6k | AMEX Schwab $9k | AMEX BCEP $8.2k | Citi Costco Anywhere Visa $8k | Chase Amazon Visa $8k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7k | Chase Freedom $5k | Citi Simplicity $5k | Paypal Extras Platinum $5k | Wells Fargo $5k | Citi Best Buy $4.2k | Citi Visa Signature $3k | Care Credit $3k
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.