Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Chase 5/24 rule to the day?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is Chase 5/24 rule to the day?

I have some accounts that were opening March 2016. The in branch sign up for 100K for the CSR expires March 12th? Is it to the account open date to the day? I Is it the date the card reported? Is it 2 years from the day of the inquiry? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Is Chase 5/24 rule to the day?

@Anonymous wrote:

I have some accounts that were opening March 2016. The in branch sign up for 100K for the CSR expires March 12th? Is it to the account open date to the day? I Is it the date the card reported? Is it 2 years from the day of the inquiry? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

It's calculated from the open date on the CR, nothing to do with the inq date (although they may be similar!)  

According to Doctor of Credit  "It goes by calendar months, for example say if you’re under 5/24 on January the 8th you actually won’t be eligible until February the 1st" but some other sites go by exact days

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

All of my credit cards have been approved on the day they were opened.

I have 2 credit cards approved from Chase on March 6, 2015 (makes me currently at 5/24). Do you think I can apply on March 10th and be good to go?

Message 3 of 4
yfan
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have 2 credit cards approved from Chase on March 6, 2015 (makes me currently at 5/24). Do you think I can apply on March 10th and be good to go?

From what LTL said just above, the answer to this question would appear to be a 'No.' You'd have to wait till April 1 to be outside 5/24.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.