Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Chase Freedom Visa or MasterCard?

tag
TeeandDee
Frequent Contributor

Is Chase Freedom Visa or MasterCard?

I was approved for Chase Freedom, but not sure if it's a Visa or Mastercard...anyone recently get one or does anyone know?  Just curious.  I would like to get  a Visa since both my Capital One cards are Mastercards.

Slowly building....
Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
chris2k5
New Contributor

Re: Is Chase Freedom Visa or MasterCard?

It really doesn't matter but for what its worth...I went to Canada a couple weeks back and a lot of places only accepted Mastercard. I heard similar things from my brother who went to Spain...He had to get a Mastercard because Visa was not widely accepted.

CapitalOne Platinum - $1500
Chase Freedom - $5000 Chase Southwest Premier - $3000
Discover More - $3700
Barclays US Airways - $1500
American Express Platinum, Gold PRG, and Zync - NPSL
Message 2 of 33
mmduluth
Frequent Contributor

Mine is a MasterCard but they come in both. I've had mine for over 2 years now. I think these days they send them out in Visa primarily but Chase allows you to choose weather you want Visa or MC. Al you have to do is call them and tell them which one you want. Same applies to Visa Signature and World MC.

EQ FICO - 718 - 01/10/2012 EX FICO - 732 - 04/28/2012 (AMEX)

Cap1 Platinum (1000) Macy’s (2000) Chase Freedom (3000) Kohls (600) Best Buy (2700) Amex BCE (8200) Chase Sapphire (5000) CarCare1 (1600) Discover IT (4000)
Message 3 of 33
andre181
Established Contributor

Mine is a visa

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 4 of 33
anybodii
New Contributor

Mine is VISA, Illinois

Message 5 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a MasterCard. I actually signed up for it via an online promotion and ended up with that. I thought it was a fake application when I saw that all the Chase Freedom's had a VIsa logo.... Smiley Embarassed

Message 6 of 33
AF_23
Frequent Contributor

Mine should be here by the end of the week. Il update then

Message 7 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AF_23 wrote:

Mine should be here by the end of the week. Il update then

Awesome,

When you activate, via the phone, why not ask if they will PC to the Visa to MC or vise versa?

Message 8 of 33
boomhower
Valued Contributor

I'm curious if they will change too. Thinking of starting to shop at sams club and they only take MasterCard.
Message 9 of 33
TeeandDee
Frequent Contributor

Thanks everyone! My card should be here by Friday or Tuesday (Monday is  holiday) so I will update also!

Slowly building....
Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.