Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Chase IHG a min $5k SL?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is Chase IHG a min $5k SL?

Hi everyone, still on my fact finding mission about the IHG World MC. Wondering if this card is a min $5k starting limit like Chase's other hotel cards? I know the others are Visa Signature which I've heard start at $5k. Anyone have any info on this?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Is Chase IHG a min $5k SL?

No it is not. I was approved for $4.5k
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok thanks for that info. Much appreciated.
Message 3 of 8
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I have definitely heard of sub-5k lines with this card so you aren't guaranteed it.

Message 4 of 8
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

I think one of the more prominent MyFICO members took this card's limit all the way down to  $1k to allocate the limit to another Chase card. 

I know that doesn't answer the minimum SL question, but it might indirectly answer it: Chase won't let you transfer limits that take the card below it's minimum SL. 

For example, the CSP has a 5k minimum limit. You can't allocate the limit to another card if it takes the limit below 5k. 

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure if that's true in all cases. They allowed me to move $2k of my SWA Premier starting limit to my Freedom card. Took me below the $5k min.
Message 6 of 8
ways2go
Frequent Contributor

My SL on the card was and still is 3500. Reason I don't put much on it.
Message 7 of 8
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Not sure if that's true in all cases. They allowed me to move $2k of my SWA Premier starting limit to my Freedom card. Took me below the $5k min.

SWA Premier minimum limit seems to be $2k, not $5k. http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Chase-success-kinda-long-story-but-two-great-recons/td-p/1949749

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.