cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Chase Pre qualify site a good chance of approval?

tag
new-to-this

Is Chase Pre qualify site a good chance of approval?

Hello all! I decided to fill out the chase pre qualify site and it came up with the slate and Freedom card. Is this a good indication that I will be approved?  My last app was july 2013 with .... sigh...Braclay.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Dreamwalker
New Contributor

Re: Is Chase Pre qualify site a good chance of approval?

I tend to opt-out of these things, but generally pre-qualify doesn't mean anything. It's just sending a huge list of random people advertisements that marketing bought off of someone.

If you'd like to share more information, we can probably make a guess.

Otherwise, feel free to search the forums. People have asked this question before.

Walmart Store Card: $600 & Amazon Store Card: $1200
Amazon.com Visa: $500 & Chase Freedom: $3000
US Bank REI Visa Signature: $5500
Discover It: $100

TU-654 [03/18/2014]
Message 2 of 13
azguy13
Senior Contributor

I wouldn't put too much stock into the Chase pre-approval site. I showed I was "pre-qualified" for the Slate and Freedom. I already have the Slate and am an AU on a Freedom. I applied for the CSP just yesterday and was approved. The CSP was not shown on the pre-qualification link. 

Message 3 of 13
jenn_bar
Frequent Contributor

@azguy13 wrote:

I wouldn't put too much stock into the Chase pre-approval site. I showed I was "pre-qualified" for the Slate and Freedom. I already have the Slate and am an AU on a Freedom. I applied for the CSP just yesterday and was approved. The CSP was not shown on the pre-qualification link. 

+1 I don't even know if I've ever seen it say "You have no offers." Just a marketing ploy.

Message 4 of 13
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@jenn_bar wrote:

@azguy13 wrote:

+1 I don't even know if I've ever seen it say "You have no offers." Just a marketing ploy.

Maybe the marketing department gets $1 for every HP, lol

Message 5 of 13
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

+2. I checked mine awhile back and it said I have no offers. I'm 100% sure I'd be approved for any Chase card I applied for, so I wouldn't put too much faith in that site.
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 6 of 13
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:
+2. I checked mine awhile back and it said I have no offers. I'm 100% sure I'd be approved for any Chase card I applied for, so I wouldn't put too much faith in that site.

It does have some (small) amount of logic.   A few months back, it said I was preapproved for Freedom/Slate/CSP.  I later got the CSP and now when I try it says no offers, with some text about maybe I have recently applied for an offer.

When I put my wife's info in, she gets all three offers.

Of course, this says nothing about success when you do apply, whether pre-approved or not.

Message 7 of 13
azguy13
Senior Contributor

I'm curious if you are "pre-qualified" for more/better cards if Chase is your primary bank. I'm sure it has something to do with the approval process, I am jus tnot sure how much of an impact it has. 

I was reading up on the credit pull database and I read an entry by a Chase employee that had a 613 score saying he was approved for a card because he worked there. 

Message 8 of 13
trying_to_B_good
Contributor

@jenn_bar wrote:

@azguy13 wrote:

wow that makes me feel terribleSmiley LOL i got the no offers for you message!!!!

Message 9 of 13
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@trying_to_B_good wrote:

@jenn_bar wrote:

@azguy13 wrote:

wow that makes me feel terribleSmiley LOL i got the no offers for you message!!!!

You're just too hardcore for Chase! They are scared of your awesomeness

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.