cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Chase coming out with new cards soon?

tag
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

Is Chase coming out with new cards soon?

I like Chase and I want to know if they're producing new cards soon. Because I want a new Visa card in the future and I really want it with Chase. 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

Re: Is Chase coming out with new cards soon?

i doubt it .. they seem to have a pretty great line up of cards

CSR | Ink Business Preferred | Amex Platinum | NFCU Cash Rewards
Message 2 of 13
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

@darkfrosty wrote:

i doubt it .. they seem to have a pretty great line up of cards

They do.. but one of the reasons why I like Amex is because they have all sorts of different cards. I wish they had a Visa card (like Freedom) that was just for points cause I don't want hotel cards if I don't go to hotels. 

Message 3 of 13
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

What kind of card are you looking for? Chase has a pretty good lineup of cards. The only thing they dont offer is a secured card I am not sure why they dont. Thats why i am going to apply for discover it instead of chase freedom just incase i dont get approved i can hopefully do the secured card

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 4 of 13
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

@bigblue7722 wrote:

What kind of card are you looking for? Chase has a pretty good lineup of cards. The only thing they dont offer is a secured card I am not sure why they dont. Thats why i am going to apply for discover it instead of chase freedom just incase i dont get approved i can hopefully do the secured card

I know they don't have secured cards. Like a plain point card. This is why I have two accounts with Amex.. one for cash back and one for points. 

Message 5 of 13
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

@killer_queen229 wrote:

@bigblue7722 wrote:

I know they don't have secured cards. Like a plain point card. This is why I have two accounts with Amex.. one for cash back and one for points. 

I'm not really sure how the Freedom isn't a plain point card...you need the CSP (or the business cards) to transfer points or use for the 20% travel bonus...otherwise it's straight cash back redemeptions with the value of UR points fixed at 1cpp. Not any different from Discover IT or Citi Dividend, except you can redeem starting at $20.

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 6 of 13
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@killer_queen229 wrote:

@bigblue7722 wrote:

I'm not really sure how the Freedom isn't a plain point card...you need the CSP (or the business cards) to transfer points or use for the 20% travel bonus...otherwise it's straight cash back redemeptions with the value of UR points fixed at 1cpp. Not any different from Discover IT or Citi Dividend, except you can redeem starting at $20.

Would you recommend Citi Dividend? There's so many possibilties so I'm waiting lol. Yeah I know you can earn points with Freedom but I want a card through them that is just a point card.

Message 7 of 13
CalAlumnus13
Contributor

@killer_queen229 wrote:

They do.. but one of the reasons why I like Amex is because they have all sorts of different cards. I wish they had a Visa card (like Freedom) that was just for points cause I don't want hotel cards if I don't go to hotels. 

How is that different from Freedom+CSP?

FICOs: EX (per Amex, 1/20/18): 830 | TU (per Discover, 1/20/18): 817

Wallet: Discover It $35.5k | Amex EveryDay $25k | Chase Freedom Unlimited $19.5k | Chase Freedom $8.5k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $8.5k | Amex BCE $7.7k

Drawer: Hella More
Message 8 of 13
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

@CalAlumnus13 wrote:

@killer_queen229 wrote:

How is that different from Freedom+CSP?

I'm trying to not get cards with fees on them. I already have a secured card with a fee and I'm trying to upgrade that.. and my Capital One card can't be upgraded to Visa version of Quicksilver

Message 9 of 13
bch238
Regular Contributor

OP,

Freedom does not have a fee. It can be used as plain vanilla "points" card.  At your option, you can use the points for cash back.  Many here have the Freedom and use it with the CSP, using the Freedom for bonus categories and CSP for everything else.

FICO Scores (MARCH 2016): EQ 829; EX 825; TU 828
AmEx BCP $25,000; AmEx Platinum (NPSL); Barclaycard JetBlue Rewards $5,000; Bank of America Cash Rewards $27,500; Chase Sapphire Preferred $33,700; Chase Marriott Rewards Premier $15,000; Chase Freedom $12,000; Citi Prestige $30,500; Virgin America Premium $25,000; The Home Depot Card $20,500; Capital One Platinum $15,000
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.