cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Chase "Refer-A-Friend" okay to refer to family with the same address?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is Chase "Refer-A-Friend" okay to refer to family with the same address?

I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't set off anything with Chase if I use the "refer a friend" link for a family memmber who wants to get the freedom card also. Of course, he would have the same address input as me. Does it matter? Just wasn't sure if it was a bad look or anything to have someone apply with the same address for the refer bonus link. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
mkhan1093
Established Contributor

Re: Is Chase "Refer-A-Friend" okay to refer to family with the same address?

I think you're overthinking it - you should be fine!

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was wondering the same thing. Been trying to decide which card my wife should get, and right now, for us, the Amex BCP or the CSP is the best option based on our/her spend. She has an OLD BOA card, that earns NO rewards that she uses, which drives me crazy. I am working on her toget it PC'd over to at a minimum, the 321 card. 

She's not too keen on credit cards, grew up in a family where they had 1, and that was 'just cause you gotta have one' and through her 20's lived on cash and debit card.

Here I am with a wallet full of cards that I use based on offers or best rewards. It's a stark comparision.

Most of our non-grocery or gas spend, I hande (travel, large purchases, etc). She is an AU on my Amex Plat, but she needs her own account to bolster her score, etc, blah, blah, y'all know the story. 

Anyhow, was obviously wanting to cash in on her getting a card, and take advantage of a referral offer. 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just read through all the fine print and the only eligibility exclusions I see are for Chase employees.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.