Regular Contributor
favor4me2

Is Chevron still BK friendly?

Is Chevron still bk friendly? I went on the website to get information about applying for the gas card and it said this "Before you apply, you should be able to answer "Yes" to the following:"             
 My credit history is clear of bankruptcy.  I have NOT been denied credit by GE Money within the last 6 months.  I am at least 18 years old. Does this mean they no longer except bk's?
Senior Contributor
txjohn

Re: Is Chevron still BK friendly?

I'm not sure on the friendly part, but GEMB is the CCC for Chevron.

Credit Scoring 101 - Tuscani   *  Guide to Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads * FICO High Achievers  *  FICO Score Estimator

09/03/2009 TU: 777, EQ: 776 ($8 balance on an account dropped me out of 780's)
03/28/2009 TU: 814, EQ: 810, EX: 781 (02/12/2009)
05/18/2005 TU: 563, EQ: 580, EX: 549
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

[ Edited ]
Now, that's interesting, because those are the three famous Credit Questions of Death asked by Chase on their online apps!

eta: not saying that Chevron isn't GEMB, because it is, but it sounds as if GEMB has mooched Chase's questions.
Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 09-01-2009 03:44 PM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Regular Contributor
favor4me2

Do you think they are being bought out by Chase? I'm so tempted to apply just to see what happens but I don't want to waste an inq. My credit score is high enough to get the card. I called cust serv and they said they are bk friendly but when I read to her what the website said, she said it didn't make a difference I could still apply and they would send a letter in 7-10 days. I told her I didn't want to unless it would be approved, she said the only way to know would be to apply either by phone or online. Has anyone else applied recently with a bk and gotten approved?

Frequent Contributor
Sparkz1920

BOA has the same questions i think

I know this for certain and for sure, if they are BK friendly, they sure aren't Delinquent Account/Charge off friendly so id take a gander and say they might not

GEMB seems to be real strict.The only card I got from them was my Penny's card and they only gave me a $100 limit. Sad when i found out my sorority sister got an 800 dollar limit

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Moderator Emeritus
beamMEup

Sparkz1920 wrote:

GEMB seems to be real strict.The only card I got from them was my Penny's card and they only gave me a $100 limit.

I avoided app'ing w/Chevron because of the online questions you're referring to. 

Some GEMB cards are BK friendly.  I rec'd JCPenney's $1200, Dillard's $700, Walmart 500 6 mos. out of Ch13.

CB shows Chevon as much more iffy than other GEMB cards - a definite gamble.

Just puttin' syrup on something, don't make it pancakes.
Frequent Contributor
Sparkz1920

@Beammeup, congrats to you

You put me to shame. I just messed my credit up and am in the stages of repair and couldnt even get any of te limits that you have.

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Regular Contributor
favor4me2

Update......I took the plunge and apped for the Dilliards card today and received a cl of $250 I called the cust serv # and requested a recon and the underwriter raised it to $500. I also apped for the Chevron gas card and to my surprised got approved for the Visa card for $950!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Regular Contributor
favor4me2

Does anybody know how the Chevron Visa works I was really looking for their gas card because that's the only gas we use. Is it still considered a gas card as well?
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

If it has Visa/ MC/ AmEx/ Discover on it, it's no longer considered a retail (gas, store) card. It's a bank card instead.

But that's fine, because the Dillard's card counts as retail, assuming it's not Visa, MC, etc.

There's still a lot of debate as to whether having a pure retail card helps your scores, but if it does, you only need one. So you don't need a store AND a gas card; one is all it takes.

Congrats!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}