Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Citi AAdvantage a good card to book travel

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is Citi AAdvantage a good card to book travel

I'm thinking of doing a 12 day 10-destination tour (http://www.tourradar.com/t/14263) and my best travel card left over (that I haven't cancelled) is the Citi AAdvantage World Elite. I have the regular Barclays Aviator but it's not the good one anymore. Cancelled my Ritz. I have the Marriott and IHG. I just want to know for "travel insurance" if I should use that card? Or I'd just use a 2% back card if it doesn't benefit me.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is Citi AAdvantage a good card to book travel

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm thinking of doing a 12 day 10-destination tour (http://www.tourradar.com/t/14263) and my best travel card left over (that I haven't cancelled) is the Citi AAdvantage World Elite. I have the regular Barclays Aviator but it's not the good one anymore. Cancelled my Ritz. I have the Marriott and IHG. I just want to know for "travel insurance" if I should use that card? Or I'd just use a 2% back card if it doesn't benefit me.

Thanks!

What airline?

IMHO, the best airline (or hotel) card is the one you use.

I am not a fan of AA, but I love flying Qantas.  Since Qantas no longer has a US card, that makes AA the best card for me,

I do fly SW a lot, so the Chase SW card is the other airline card I have.  As I will NEVER fly Delta again, no matter how good the Delta card is, I have no use for that.

With your scores, you should be able to get just about any airline card out there.  (The link didn't work, so I can't see what airline this is through).

That's what I would do, either fly AA, or get a card for the airline that you are going to fly.

Message 2 of 3
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Is Citi AAdvantage a good card to book travel

I've heard mixed reviews on how good it is. It's more than likely dependent on your personal situation and use you get out of it.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.