Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Citi Card considered as prime?

tag
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

Re: Is Citi Card considered as prime?

if you have a 17K citi card im sure you would qualify. the 730 is a broad range im sure.....
Message 11 of 16
fused
Moderator Emeritus

concorduser wrote:
Is Citi Dividend MC Card considered as prime card? How would you rate Citi card among the major card issuers?

This is one of the more difficult citi (notice how I did not upper case this)Smiley Happy cards to get approved for. I had this card for a short period of time and closed it. I do not care for CITI.
Message 12 of 16
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Nearly all the CCCs being discussed in this thread offer the full gamut of CCs; prime, near-prime and sub-prime. Generally speaking, when we loosely use the term prime to label a CCC, the ones that first come to mind are:

Amex
Discover
BoA/FIA
citi
Chase

and to a lesser extent WAMU, Juny, WF and etc.
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fused wrote:
Nearly all the CCCs being discussed in this thread offer the full gamut of CCs; prime, near-prime and sub-prime. Generally speaking, when we loosely use the term prime to label a CCC, the ones that first come to mind are:

Amex

Discover

BoA/FIA

citi

Chase

I completely and totally concur! Those are the ones I personally consider to be "prime."
Message 14 of 16
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@fused wrote:

Amex
Discover
BoA/FIA
citi
Chase

Agree with fused's list of the Big 5, plus separating out Washington Mutual, Juniper/Barclays, and Wells Fargo as nearly-prime or wanna-be's. And I'd include HSBC and Capital One in this second group.

It will be interesting to see how many of these are still around in one year's time, in their current form. Barclays and HSBC are very powerful and prestigious international banks. They got into the US market by buying lower-tier CC companies, and it's time for each of them to get into the prime card market.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't forget US Bank...
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.