cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Citi Diamond Preferred worth getting?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is Citi Diamond Preferred worth getting?

Hey folks,

I just wanted to know if the Citi Diamond Preferred is worth getting. Does anyone here have one? If so, what do you think about it? I've been wondering because I'm a fan of the 0% APR for 21 months (I was given 15 months of 0% when I got my Citi Simplicity) and sort of got attached to having low APRs. Lol Anyone have anything to say about Citi Diamond Preferred? I'd be interested to hear. 

Thanks everyone!

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: Is Citi Diamond Preferred worth getting?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey folks,

I just wanted to know if the Citi Diamond Preferred is worth getting. Does anyone here have one? If so, what do you think about it? I've been wondering because I'm a fan of the 0% APR for 21 months (I was given 15 months of 0% when I got my Citi Simplicity) and sort of got attached to having low APRs. Lol Anyone have anything to say about Citi Diamond Preferred? I'd be interested to hear. 

Thanks everyone!

I don;t have it. but my brother does. and he says it is pretty useless to be frank. I guess his problem is the remdemption of the points are lousy at best. but otherwise. ok. he has about 21 percent apr. low limit. 1k. so he just does not use. sd home.

Message 2 of 20
eddie84
Valued Contributor

I had one before.  Once that 0% APR is over I PC'd it to their Double Cash card.  Like taxi818 stated above, their point system was lousy and just not worth it imho.

Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh I see. Thanks for the feedback taxi818! That is useful information, I appreciate it! 

Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

In my past there was a Citi Diamond Preferred and it was useless. However, if you get the 21 months or some long 0% Apr it serves an immediate need. Then after twelve months or more you could probably do a product change to a different card without a hard inquiry. That is what I did. Note, on a product change whatever the account terms and conditions are at the time of the product change, they will remain the same. Also, credit limit increases do not automatically happen due to a product change and are separate.

Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

So besides the low introductory APR, it isn't that useful after the promo ends because the point system is lacking. Thanks eddie84! 

Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Spider15 wrote:
In my past there was a Citi Diamond Preferred and it was useless. However, if you get the 21 months or some long 0% Apr it serves an immediate need. Then after twelve months or more you could probably do a product change to a different card without a hard inquiry. That is what I did.

This^^^^^..

Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah Spider15, this was sort of in line with what I was debating. If they are giving 0% for 21 months (or a long time, say a year plus), I think it could be useful. But the idea of doing a PC didn't really occur to me. That is definitely something to think about.

Thanks!  

Message 8 of 20
MissCredit9
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey folks,

Thanks everyone!

I have this card. It is a very attractive looking card, in fact it is probably the most attractive long term 0% APR card out there. If extended introductory APRs is your thing then this card definitely fits the bill. As others have said the points are pretty worthless. If you are a concert go-er they have great pre-sale events included with this card. The card will grow with you as well.

AMEX PRG NPSL, FIDELITY REWARDS 50K, CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE 27K, AMEX DELTA SKYMIES GOLD 25K, CITI DIAMOND PREFERRED 22K, CHASE FREEDOM 20K, CITI DOUBLE CASH 15.5K, BARCLAYCARD REWARDS MASTERCARD 15K, CHASE MARRIOTT PREMIER 5K, CAPITAL ONE SONY CARD 5.75K, CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER 3.5K, AMAZON STORECARD 6K, VICTORIAS SECRET 2650, EXPRESS NEXT 1850,Gardening2/17/17.
Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I PC'd mine to DC as well. Got low starting limit (not enough to BT what I'd have wanted) and never grew. 

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.