Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Citi double cash still recommended?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Prime Cards?

Btw, my next taget card would be Citi Double Cash. is the card any good?

Message 21 of 84
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Honestly, I don't feel the edge over Quicksilver is significant.

1) DC has a $25 redemption threshold

2) Rewards do not post instantly, and come at statement cut, plus the whole 1+1 thing complicates it sometimes (can delay it further)

3) Citi is giving out pretty low limits and high APRs for this card almost across the board no matter what your score is

4) It doesn't apply to me because I don't travel abroad but DC has a FTF, QS does not

In conclusion, not really worth it IMO, the slightly higher rewards do not justify the drawbacks (for me at least)

Message 22 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

2) Rewards do not post instantly, and come at statement cut, plus the whole 1+1 thing complicates it sometimes (can delay it further)

3) Citi is giving out pretty low limits and high APRs for this card almost across the board no matter what your score is

4) It doesn't apply to me because I don't travel abroad but DC has a FTF, QS does not

In conclusion, not really worth it IMO, the slightly higher rewards do not justify the drawbacks (for me at least)

That new Discover Miles card seems like the ticket for the first year. If I didn't already have some good spend cards i'd apply.

Message 23 of 84
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Oh for sure, the Discover Miles is gonna be my next card. It's just a matter of when I will come out of the garden. I am forcing myself to wait at least until June so it'll be 6 solid months since my last HP.

Plus, it kind of makes more sense to open it around June. That way, my bonus miles will come to me in June 2016, just in time to redeem against my summer beach trip.

Message 24 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

Oh for sure, the Discover Miles is gonna be my next card. It's just a matter of when I will come out of the garden. I am forcing myself to wait at least until June so it'll be 6 solid months since my last HP.

Plus, it kind of makes more sense to open it around June. That way, my bonus miles will come to me in June 2016, just in time to redeem against my summer beach trip.

Which beach? Smiley Happy

Message 25 of 84
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Wildwood NJ. I'm in Delaware, so it's about a 2 hour drive, and Delaware beaches are closer, but I grew up going to Wildwood so that's what I stick to. But If I got the Discover card now, I wouldn't get the bonus miles in time, so I think applying this early summer makes sense so I can utilize those bonus miles against 2016's trip. I also want to go to Disney this fall, but same problem, bonus won't come in time, so I am just saving up my Quicksilver cash back

Message 26 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That new Discover Miles card seems like the ticket for the first year. If I didn't already have some good spend cards i'd apply.

Whats good with that card? i don't get those miles rewards cards.

Message 27 of 84
kdm31091
Super Contributor

It's not really "miles", that's just marketing. It's 1.5% cash back flat. No matter what you redeem for you get the full value of the "miles".

First year gives you 3% cb/miles, paid out at the end of said first year. This is the real interesting part. A full year of 3% is nice, IMO.

Message 28 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

3x miles (3% effectively) on all purchases. Miles can be redeemed for straight up cashback.

Message 29 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

3x miles (3% effectively) on all purchases. Miles can be redeemed for straight up cashback.

So it is just like my cards with cash rewards?

Message 30 of 84
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.