cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Citi inquiry sensitive? Who do they generally pull?

tag
WallyxD
Frequent Contributor

Is Citi inquiry sensitive? Who do they generally pull?

I was thinking about applying for Citi Dividend. But first, I wanted to know if they're inq sensitive? And who they generally pull? I'm in PA. I know "YMMV", but for those who were approved, what did your file look like? I'm at 11 months AAoA, and my history is about 1.5 years old (student loan accounts).  I was previously told I should wait until my actual CC's reach at least a year, and I planned on it. But I'd really like just one more card.

AE CC: $1,050 | AEO Visa: $1,890 | Cap1 QS: $2,100 | Chase Freedom: $1,000 | Citi Forward: $1,500 | Citi Double Cash: $1,000 | Discover iT: $500 | GameStop: $1,650 | Overstock: $1,700 | PayPal Smart Connect: $1,500 | Walmart $2,200

TU (Discover): 663 | EQ (Citi): 651
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Is Citi inquiry sensitive? Who do they generally pull?

@WallyxD wrote:

I was thinking about applying for Citi Dividend. But first, I wanted to know if they're inq sensitive? And who they generally pull? I'm in PA. I know "YMMV", but for those who were approved, what did your file look like? I'm at 11 months AAoA, and my history is about 1.5 years old (student loan accounts).  I was previously told I should wait until my actual CC's reach at least a year, and I planned on it. But I'd really like just one more card.

Citi can be very INQ sensitive and very hard to recon on it.

I would suggest if you have alot of recent INQ's to let them age at least over 6 months then go for it.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 16
hayabusa

considering you can apply for another citi card after every 65 days I would say no

Message 3 of 16
hayabusa

@LS2982 wrote:

@WallyxD wrote:

I would suggest if you have alot of recent INQ's to let them age at least over 6 months then go for it.

what makes you think Citi is very INQ sensitive? I had 11 when I got my last one, and people are still getting cards with 20+ inq in the churning world

Message 4 of 16
bs6054
Valued Contributor

For my last three apps (Dec, Mar, Apr) in MA, Citi double pulled both EQ and EX.  So I have about 25 Inqs in the last 24 months, but 1/4 of them are from these double pulls.

Message 5 of 16
WallyxD
Frequent Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@WallyxD wrote:

In the past 6 months, I have no more than 4 from TU. But EQ is clean, and EX just two. Is that still too much?

AE CC: $1,050 | AEO Visa: $1,890 | Cap1 QS: $2,100 | Chase Freedom: $1,000 | Citi Forward: $1,500 | Citi Double Cash: $1,000 | Discover iT: $500 | GameStop: $1,650 | Overstock: $1,700 | PayPal Smart Connect: $1,500 | Walmart $2,200

TU (Discover): 663 | EQ (Citi): 651
Message 6 of 16
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@hayabusa wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@WallyxD wrote:

what makes you think Citi is very INQ sensitive? I had 11 when I got my last one, and people are still getting cards with 20+ inq in the churning world

There are plenty of people on this forum who have gotten declined for too many recent INQ's. Its always YMMV depends on the situation. You could have a thick file and they'll let some INQ's slip but if your thin and lots of INQ's that 's 2 strikes.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 16
hayabusa

I guess this is mainily for rebuilders and people getting established , but citi is the credit card company that is the least inquiry sensitive in the world of credit with a decent file.

Message 8 of 16
shanac
Frequent Contributor

I live in Illinois & Citi pulled EQ when I applied in 2012 & again for my CLI on Friday night. My AAofA was at 4.5 years or so. At the time EQ CR looked like this--2 unpaid medical CA, 3-4 INQs, a state tax lien from 2002 & my util was probably around 70%.

iPhone. iTypos. iApologize

Current Score: EQ FICO 764 TU FICO 776 EX FICO 753
Goal Score: 800
Message 9 of 16
w20031424
Frequent Contributor

I had 24 inquiries on my TU alone, and I got approved for the Citi Forward Student card last week of 2K CL. Oldest credit card 1 year and 8 months. I have no idea why they approved me.

Fide Amex 15K | Barclays Reward 3.5K | Citi Forward Student 5K | Discover IT 12.8K | US Cash Reward 6K | GE Paypal 5.5K | Wal Discover 6K | CapOne 3.5K | Kohl's 0.3K
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.