cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Citi still shipping the Prestige card overnight?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is Citi still shipping the Prestige card overnight?

@akula wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@akula wrote:
Many new accounts in the last year and what was your FICO scores? Thinking of apping, even though the AF seems a bit high.

I believe mine were around 720 for all 3.

25% usage

8 inquiries the past year, but 4 within 2 day range.

200k+ income.

But strange part was just getting 5k SL for the prestige.  Amex delta gold I got the night before was $14.5k SL.

I think you should be able to get the card.

I have seen instances where they give much larger starting limits for co-branded cards.  Citi is good about giving increases via SP every 6 months.  Also, if they are like chase, they will allow you to move limits around.  Congrats.

I only have the Premier and Prestige card with them.  I believe the Premier has a $5k SL, but they approved me for $5.6k while the Prestige is just $5k.

If anything, I'll just use both cards during the month since the points system is similar and I can transfer.

Message 21 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@akula wrote:
Many new accounts in the last year and what was your FICO scores? Thinking of apping, even though the AF seems a bit high.

25% usage

200k+ income.

But strange part was just getting 5k SL for the prestige.  Amex delta gold I got the night before was $14.5k SL.

Did you call to see if you can get the limit raised?  If not, call them up.  For that annual fee, they  should be dishing out high credit lines like candySmiley Tongue

I asked the rep about it when I called in for approval.  She told me to call back when I get the card to see if they can do a CLI.  I'm fairly concern about it since I put about $4k to $5k on a card per month and I plan to use this card primarily for the 3x and 2x points.  Having a low SL will leave my utilization really high.

Agree... I am certain once you have the card, they will review and give you a bigger limit.  Do you have any high limit cards?  If so, make sure you reference it during the call.  High limits begets other high limits.

NFCU rewards $10k

BofA rewards $8k

Amex Delta $14.5k

all the other cards I have I don't use and are under 5k CL.

I think $10k is a good CL for me on the prestige.

Message 22 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@akula wrote:

25% usage

200k+ income.

Did you call to see if you can get the limit raised?  If not, call them up.  For that annual fee, they  should be dishing out high credit lines like candySmiley Tongue

I asked the rep about it when I called in for approval.  She told me to call back when I get the card to see if they can do a CLI.  I'm fairly concern about it since I put about $4k to $5k on a card per month and I plan to use this card primarily for the 3x and 2x points.  Having a low SL will leave my utilization really high.

Agree... I am certain once you have the card, they will review and give you a bigger limit.  Do you have any high limit cards?  If so, make sure you reference it during the call.  High limits begets other high limits.

NFCU rewards $10k

BofA rewards $8k

Amex Delta $14.5k

Keep in mine Citi likes to counter on limits.  So if it is10k you are wishing, then start negotiations at 25k when you call.  That way they can meet you in the middle if they can't raise the limit to 25k.  You never know, they may just honor your word and make the limit 25k.  But definately start high.. You have absolutely nothing to loose..

Message 23 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU rewards $10k

BofA rewards $8k

Amex Delta $14.5k

Keep in mine Citi likes to counter on limits.  So if it is10k you are wishing, then start negotiations at 25k when you call.  That way they can meet you in the middle if they can't raise the limit to 25k.  You never know, they may just honor your word and make the limit 25k.  But definately start high.. You have absolutely nothing to loose..

never knew this, thanks for the info!  Once I get the card sometime this week I'll call in and start negotiating.

Message 24 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

NFCU rewards $10k

BofA rewards $8k

Amex Delta $14.5k

never knew this, thanks for the info!  Once I get the card sometime this week I'll call in and start negotiating.

Excellent.. Update should you win the battle on the CLI front..Smiley Tongue

Message 25 of 29
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@noobody wrote:
move limit around is HP, like BOA.

They offered to move limits for me during my application process. 

Woman I spoke with said "if 5k isn't enough I can go ahead and move some credit from another card, no problem" 

Message 26 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jsucool76 wrote:

@noobody wrote:
move limit around is HP, like BOA.

They offered to move limits for me during my application process. 

Woman I spoke with said "if 5k isn't enough I can go ahead and move some credit from another card, no problem" 

How would moving limits work if I recently was approved for both the Premier and Prestige within 1 day of each other?

I believe both have $5k as the lowest SL.

Message 27 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got notification from UPS for Tuesday delivery. I assume fedex will be the same day. 

Message 28 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got fedex delivery info for the prestige.

Applied friday night (4/17), approved next morning (4/18). 

Docs from UPS delivered this morning (4/21).  Card to be delivered tomorrow (4/22).

Citi is getting it right so far.

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.