Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Comenity CLI system changing?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is Comenity CLI system changing?

Agree with CC above that speaking to a Comenity rep about CLI also equals a hard pull.

I also brought over ddemari's and CC's comments here from another thread, as I believe it is relevant. I've noticed the same with J Crew lately, that they have not been giving as many CLI's.

@ddemari wrote:
Congrats! I haven't seen a CLI on j crew in at least 4 months. Prior they were coming 1-2 times a months for a year. I haven't put any spend on it though since August

Ya Jcrew has changed something on how much and often they give CLI's.. Something has deffinetly changed or once you get to a certain threshold they start cutting it down, although seen people with 16k+ jcrew limits, but maybe before apparent change.  I think this 9250$ is plenty of a buffer though to be honest..  I would like the Z Galleria card as they have some really cool stuff there, but a regular CC will suffice for anything I buy from there.

Message 21 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Right now I am not eligible for a cli on any card, when I click the button it tells me not eligible, not sure when I will be eligible.

Message 22 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thought this might be a topic worth re- opening given the Comenity CLI variations and comments being reported in the past week.
Message 23 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Recent datapoints that may be helpful:

1) When calling robotlady for Barney's, J Crew or West Elm, system seems to want to transfer to agent. Has not done this for me in the past, but sandibeach and several others have reported this happening in the last few months with additional frequency.

2) J Crew CLI's seems to be less frequent as reported by CreditMagic, CreditCurioursity, and a few others in the past month. This correlates with my own experience as well.

3) Comenity HP note - Comenity did HP me for Sportman's Guide CLI request through robotlady. Normally we see that robotlady (automated phone system) CLI requests have been soft pull, so something to be aware of.

Please share additional Comenity CLI experiences so that others can learn from them or notice trends.

Certainly other factors vary into the equation, such as your FICO, usage, payments, total exposure with Comenity, history, etc, but trends on the Comenity side can be helpful to note. Thanks everyone! 

Message 24 of 31
happypill
Valued Contributor

I passed 31 days on my J Crew and did not get any CLI this time via automated phone lady.  I had always gotten between 1-15 CLI at around $300 a pop.

I just passed 31 days on my Barney's and got nothing as well.  The first month I got 4x $3k for $12k total.

I was also wondering if something changed.

Message 25 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Arlo reported the following:

arlo wrote:

So, I've tried my Barney's, Sportsman's Guide and Overstock, no go. The robot lady at Barney's referred me to call the office. SG and Overstock were declined on the spot. What do those cards have in common? Lack of use. So, my theory on this is that I need to make some purchases and payments. I just ordered some new Rayban's at Barney's, charged some gas on my SG and will look for something I can use at Overstock, as Christmas is soon coming and that might be a good place to shop for some gifts.

Message 26 of 31
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

Normally I get CLIs on my Comenity cards (except Overstock) every 2 months. My most recent was the first part of this month for Express and Barneys. However, the system was REALLY lagging when going through the motions to request my 4th CLI with Barneys and the increase stopped at $8K before the 7-10 day notice. I am finished with requesting any additional increases with that account. As far as Express, I got the usual $200 x 2 CLI. No HPs for any of these or for my Ann Taylor account back in September. For what it's worth, I have my reports on ice and I haven't seen the box yet on the site when requesting in that manner. 

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 27 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

turkey310 reports the following:

turkey310 wrote:

I gave up on all my comenity card CLI's as I've received hard pulls for just about each one, Overstock/ Jcrew/ Express. Neither of them had the [ check box ] when requesting a CLI which states they need to pull your credit reports.

Message 28 of 31
sto0pyd
Regular Contributor

Re: Comenity

What were your scores when you applied for the Total Rewards Visa?

Message 29 of 31
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Comenity

@sto0pyd wrote:

What were your scores when you applied for the Total Rewards Visa?

Since this thread is nearly a year old, it might be best to start a new thread with your question to keep from confusing folks.

Thanks!

Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.