Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Comenity turning over a new leaf?

tag
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Is Comenity turning over a new leaf?

I received a couple of MyFico alerts for information changing in my reports. I logged in this afternoon to see what had changed, and it was my Comenity cards. They reported the CLI's without a statement generating. 

Historically, a statement needed to be generated to report the CLI, but it seems that may not be the case. I haven't used this J.Crew card in months. 

Screen Shot 2015-07-02 at 1.51.52 PM.png

Anyone else experience this recently? 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is Comenity turning over a new leaf?

I sure hope so... I will be following this thread closely as my Comenity accounts have not reported in months since I haven't used it. 

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DeeBee78 wrote:

I received a couple of MyFico alerts for information changing in my reports. I logged in this afternoon to see what had changed, and it was my Comenity cards. They reported the CLI's without a statement generating. 

Historically, a statement needed to be generated to report the CLI, but it seems that may not be the case. I haven't used this J.Crew card in months. 

Hi Dee!  Yes, I've noticed that all of my Comenity accounts have been updating with the new credit limits even when there is no recent activity or balance.  Sometimes it happens each month, and other times it takes more than a month for the new(er) limit to post, but it's been working.  Hopefully this alleviates the need for any of us to put balances on the card in order for the credit bureaus to update! Smiley Happy  Congrats on your CLI btw! Smiley Happy 

Message 3 of 9
taxi818
Super Contributor

@DeeBee78 wrote:

really. that would be outstanding. as my last jcrew cli went from $5500. to 10k. 2 weeks ago.would be nice if i did not have to force a statement. which I currently have a 0 balance. i will wait and see. the 10th of the month is their day to report.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can help confirm this. My Victoria's Secret card started doing that last month. Still waiting for the Avenue card to catch up though.

Message 5 of 9
1fstgixer
Valued Member

DW Gamestop card finally had auto luv, $250 to $650

had always been denied via luv button, account opened in December .

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

auto-luv on JCREW and VS (which I didn't even know about until reading your post, Dee Smiley Wink), not on EB so I hit the luv button and got another $450.   YEAH! Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 9
happypill
Valued Contributor

Only Comenity card I have is a J Crew and I did notice that it updated this past month without any charges or a statement generating.  I was pretty happy to see that.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Damn, my CL is currently 5400 for Jcrew but is still reporting the initial $600 limit. I made a small clearance rack purchase the other day to get it to report lol.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.