Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is DISCOVER worth it?????....

tag
kindbrute4
Established Member

I have been busy applying for several credit cards since January, so far have been approved for both Amex cards in my signature, the Barclaycard and the Total Rewards, and I am still pending a decision from CHASE SP and Visa Black Card (which I think is not worth the $450 AF, probably will cancel before the year if I get approved), and my question is What is the deal with Discover? is it worth having in your pocket? 

Fico Scores: EX 760, EQ 760 & TU 777 (AS OF 8/30/14)
NavCheck LOC $15000, NFCU goRewards $20000,
AMEX PRG (NPSL), AMEX BCE $5500, CAP 1 Venture $5000, Barclaycard Rewards WMC $5000, Visa Black Card $5000, Total Rewards Visa $4700, Wells Fargo Platinum $2000, CSP $12,000, PenFed PRV siggy $50,000
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Is DISCOVER worth it?????....

Welcome to the forum 

While Discover is a good card IMHO for 5X categories 

It's time to stop and garden what you have

Wait on the 3X CLI opportunity and chill for awhile 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 10
kindbrute4
Established Member

Thanks for the insight, that is what I was thinking also, I have enough already, and I will wait for the 61 days to go for the CLI in my Amex BCE.... Smiley Happy

AMEX PRG (NPSL), AMEX BCE $5500, CAP 1 Venture $5000, Barclaycard Rewards WMC $5000, Visa Black Card $5000, Total Rewards Visa $4700, Wells Fargo Platinum $2000, CSP $12,000, PenFed PRV siggy $50,000
Message 3 of 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

@kindbrute4 wrote:

Thanks for the insight, that is what I was thinking also, I have enough already, and I will wait for the 61 days to go for the CLI in my Amex BCE.... Smiley Happy

Yes within 2 months you have done well so let those nice seedlings grow a bit 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 4 of 10
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@kindbrute4 wrote:

In case your fingers get itchy...here ya go you can have my medicine, it doesn't work for me anymore Smiley Wink

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 5 of 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

@yudeology101 wrote:

@kindbrute4 wrote:

In case your fingers get itchy...here ya go you can have my medicine, it doesn't work for me anymore Smiley Wink

Lol

GC Watchlist ( # THEY GAVE UP ON ME

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 6 of 10
kindbrute4
Established Member

LOL! I may have to buy a whole box of that itch cream! because this credit card thing is very addicting!!!!! and sometimes fingers do itch... A LOT!

Message 7 of 10
Jitdc2
New Contributor

I was just approved for my Discover It card. The benefits are very nice and Discover has been great the few times I've called CS. It is a great tool to have in your arsenal. That being said, I would agree with the other posts and wait for a bit. Get your 61 day CLI from Amex then go for the Discover. You have a good amount of credit and the BCE card is a great alternative for cash back rewards. 

Message 8 of 10
kindbrute4
Established Member

@Jitdc2, That is what I'll do, just wait for the 3X CLI, and then go for just that one,   Thx for the input!!!
Message 9 of 10
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@kindbrute4 wrote:

Worth is highly subjective regadless of topic. We can't tell you if it's worth it to you. That's for you to determine. It was worth it to me but that doesn't mean anything with regard to your sense of worth. Review the details and decide for yourself. Or do you have specific questions?
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.