Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Discover BK friendly????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is Discover BK friendly????

I was just wondering if Discover is BK friendly. My FICO's are around 660-670 and wanted to know what kind of chance I have with them. All input is appreciated! Thanks!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is Discover BK friendly????

I hate to say no because Discover is kinda picky.

Message 2 of 10
My2cents
Regular Contributor

_ELLLLLLL NAWWWW!   I wasted an inquiry with them.  They pulled TU and I have a 727.

I quess they had nothing for Ole my2.  But Im good.  My BK will drop off this Oct. 2011.

700 Club Member
Message 3 of 10
halos24
Frequent Contributor

After reading in different sites I went ahead and took my chances with them in October or so and they flat out denied me because of the bk!  I tried to call  the recon number and it was a no go.  I then got the denial letter where it basically confirmed that due to the bankruptcy they could not extend credit, and they would love to be able to serve me and re-review my application in the future.  It falls of next year in April and I cannot wait!!

Just an FYI many around here also could tell you that Amex also is not bk friendly, and I just was approved last month for the Zync, and last week for the Amex Costco True Earnings card which at some point many say it is a hard card to get.  Who knows now a days some banks might even look at other things.

Good luck!

MyFico 3B Scores: EQ: 3/22/16 (727), EX (710) TU (714)

Message 4 of 10
sphinxpeanut
Established Member

Hello,

Just wanted to let you know I did apply for a Discover card with them online about 6 weeks ago doing it online. I have a BK7 on my report that is 7 years old, they did deny me the Discover Card with Rewards but in the same message they offered me a card called Discover Essential with a $1000 credit limit which has a fee of $49. I did apply thru the MyFico website and that is how I was approved.

Before I accepted the offer I did try and search on the web for any info about this particular card but found nothing but did accept it and it is a Discover Card. Hope maybe this will help you.

Message 5 of 10
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

I had one issued through HSBC that had a $300 limit.  Never deviated from that limit though.  I never was able to get any of the mainstream cards though. 

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 6 of 10
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

Hi! I'm not sure but I have a CH7 BK Filed 9/2004 and I was approved for Discover More I think it was 2 years ago.  I was granted a $3000 credit limit.  So I'm not sure if that has changed or something.  I think someone wrote they were approved for Amex, I haven't been able to with my BK, except for Co-Branded cards, like Dillards Amex and USAA Amex which are not true Amex.  Hope this helps!

~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for alll the replies. Do you remember what your scores were around that timeframe bamagirl1? Also who does Discover pull?

Message 8 of 10
sandman2435
Established Contributor

Yes they are, Had a BK7,,Thats 8 years old and was approved in July for $5000.00

Message 9 of 10
halos24
Frequent Contributor

bamagirl I was one of the one's approved for Amex with bankruptcy still on my report.  Go figure... some say yes, and others no.  I am sure it is other things taken into account.  My chpt 7 falls off in exactly 1 year and 3 months I cannot wait Smiley Sad!!! 

MyFico 3B Scores: EQ: 3/22/16 (727), EX (710) TU (714)

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.