Super Contributor
concorduser

Is Discover considered as conservative card issuer?

Regular Contributor
Ishmael109

Re: Is Discover considered as conservative card issuer?

Based on my personal experiences, they seem to be. They are one of my oldest tradelines (1991) and my CL is at 13.2K. I have a Chase card opened the same year (91)  that is at 50K. I think this is why they are doing a bit better financially right now than some other issuers who gave out the CLI's like candy.
Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

concorduser wrote:

They run a fairly tight ship and are stable as a result. They are not known for exorbitant CL's - $16K max now. They rarely mistreat their cardholders.
Super Contributor
DI

creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

concorduser wrote:

They run a fairly tight ship and are stable as a result. They are not known for exorbitant CL's - $16K max now. They rarely mistreat their cardholders.

+1.  Discover has shown me nothing but luv.  I received my first CLI just after three months of card opening.  I expect to receive another one this month.  

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}