Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Discover still doing Auto-CLI's?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is Discover still doing Auto-CLI's?

It's been over a year since I saw a CLI. There for about 3 years I was seeing a good CLI every 6mo or so, and I think It was in direct correlation to my scores. 

I asked for a CLI last week and was denied. Just "we cannot approve at this time". I think I have just hit my internal limit w/Discover. Not a big deal, I have plenty of CL, considering my usage it limited to Shop Discover and Quarterly bonues. 

I have been readinig about them presumebly "slowing their roll" too. 

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I've tried several times and have only gotten one CLI in the last 6 months even though my scores are pretty solid now compared to before via requesting a CLI, all other requests have been denials saying not sufficient time with current CL. So I'm just wondering if they still do Auto-CLI's so I can maybe hope for that Smiley Happy

I spoke with one of their credit analysts earlier this week, since I also cannot get a CLI. They stated that they do account reviews twice a year and use those for consideration of a CLI. He didn't say when they do those reviews though.

This must be recently new implementation, all of the sudden, no one is getting CLIs Smiley Mad

Message 12 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, clark_d_shark, in the case of Discover , it would be " WINTER IS COMING! *sorry all out of Discover woodSmiley Sad" Smiley Wink
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

We'll need the Night King to resurrect the Discover Gravy train AJC. Haha!

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, Discover is still doing auto-CLIs.  I'd say their auto-CLIs really haven't changed much, where requested CLIs have been denied far more often since the end of March than they were prior.

If you head over to the Approvals section, you'll find someone probably every other day that posts about getting a Discover auto-CLI.

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't gotten one in years. It's been stuck at 2,250 for a few years now and only had one auto increase during the 8 years I've had the card. It's also my oldest active card. Just a few days ago I called asking to change my More card into the IT card and they said it was fine. Also asked them for a credit limit increase. I believe they did a hard pull since they asked my permission to pull my report and some personal information and they increased it by 1,450. So my Discover card is now 3,700. But, yeah, I had to call and ask for a credit limit increase.

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes they are, I got an auto increase of $6k a month or so ago. 

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.