Did you mean: 

Is Discover too aggressive lately?

tag
londonhogfan
Contributor

Re: Is Discover too aggressive lately?

@zyzzus wrote:

@webhopper wrote:

Sams club does not accept Visa Credit Card, only Visa Debit, and up until a few months ago, Dollar General did not take Visa, it was only Visa Debit, Discover, or Mastercard.  They still do not accept Amex, wonder why?  ha

in my experience Sam's only accepts mastercard CC

i think they take discover. im pretty sure they even offer a sams discover card.

I'll be in the garden... FICO Score | TU-08: 732 in May 2013
Message 51 of 55
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Lol I used my Discover IT at DG the other day. It was super close, and I needed ibuprofern STAT for my horrrrrrible hangover that morning lol. What a lovely start to spring break that was!! Haha :-0
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 52 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

This thread makes me want to apply for a Discover now lol. In the past two days I've gotten BCE and Amazon Visa. The BCE had a $2k limit, but the Amazon had a shockingly low $400. I'm calling tomorrow again for my second recon try, but maybe I'll try for Discover too? Guess I'll see how the recon goes first.

Message 53 of 55
londonhogfan
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

This thread makes me want to apply for a Discover now lol. In the past two days I've gotten BCE and Amazon Visa. The BCE had a $2k limit, but the Amazon had a shockingly low $400. I'm calling tomorrow again for my second recon try, but maybe I'll try for Discover too? Guess I'll see how the recon goes first.

If you're wanting one anyway and can afford the HP it might be worth the shot. They're being very aggressive generous right now.

I'll be in the garden... FICO Score | TU-08: 732 in May 2013
Message 54 of 55
enharu
Super Contributor

if you want to apply for discover, go ahead and do it now. You stand a decent chance with your scores, but won't be getting a high limit most likely

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 55 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.