cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Double Cash Back Discover it Temporary Promo?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is Double Cash Back Discover it Temporary Promo?

Published on 7/29/2015

"Discover has extended its double your cash-back bonus for new customers through Sept. 30. This two-month extension means that consumers who apply for an eligible Discover credit card between now and Sept 30, 2015, will earndouble the usual cash-back rate during their first year of card membership, according to an email from Discover. This includes the popular Discover it®-New! Double Cash Back your first year, so if you’ve been considering that card, now is the time to apply."

--Nerd Wallet

I don't see a ending promotion date at the Discover it web page.

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
thecheese
Established Member

Re: Is Double Cash Back Discover it Temporary Promo?

@Anonymous wrote:

Published on 7/29/2015

"Discover has extended its double your cash-back bonus for new customers through Sept. 30. This two-month extension means that consumers who apply for an eligible Discover credit card between now and Sept 30, 2015, will earndouble the usual cash-back rate during their first year of card membership, according to an email from Discover. This includes the popular Discover it®-New! Double Cash Back your first year, so if you’ve been considering that card, now is the time to apply."

--Nerd Wallet

It's right there in your post. You put it in bold text. The latest you can sign up for the promo is September 30th. It lasts 1 year after you sign up.

Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@thecheese wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Published on 7/29/2015

--Nerd Wallet

It's right there in your post. You put it in bold text. The latest you can sign up for the promo is September 30th. It lasts 1 year after you sign up.

You didn't understand my question. The quotation I provided is not from Discover it web page. Where did Nerd Wallet get this information from the the double cashback will end on 9/30/2015?

Message 3 of 22
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Published on 7/29/2015

--Nerd Wallet

That means after September 30 the promotion ends, even for new customers!!!!! Also you only get the promotion for 12 months 

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

i got confirmation via a discover rep on the phone. call and ask if you're curious.
Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@-Wade- wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Published on 7/29/2015

--Nerd Wallet

That means after September 30 the promotion ends, even for new customers!!!!! Also you only get the promotion for 12 months 

I didn't ask for an intrepretation of what I quoted. I am saying the source is not from Discover it and saying it is not credible information since it is not from Discover it but from a source outside of Discover. The question is where did Nerd Wallet acquire the information that the Discover it promotion is ending on 9/30/15? There is no information on the Discover it web page that indicates that the double cash back promotion is ending.

Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

How would anyone here know how Nerd Wallet acquires its information? Perhaps they made a simple phone call to Discover for confirmation as another member here suggested you do yourself, which I concur.
Message 7 of 22
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Yes, it's temporary in that it is certainly not going to last forever.

If you really want the promo, just apply before 9/30! Not complicated. If you can't qualify for the card by then, it's still not the end of the world.

Message 8 of 22
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Actually this is old news. They extended it again until the end of the year.

http://www.doctorofcredit.com/discover-extends-double-cashback-offer-for-new-cardmembers-should-we-b...

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
How would anyone here know how Nerd Wallet acquires its information? Perhaps they made a simple phone call to Discover for confirmation as another member here suggested you do yourself, which I concur.

It is odd that there is no information on the promotional end date on the Discover it webpage. It is a usually a marketing ploy to get consumers to sign up. Certainly when Chase has their sign up bonus they mark when the promotion will end for new applications.

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.