cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is First National Bank Omaha worth leaving the garden for?

tag
charyot77
Regular Contributor

Is First National Bank Omaha worth leaving the garden for?

I was recently pre-approved for an FNBO, no-frills Visa card.

I'm currently in the garden in hopes of applying for 2 FINAL cards next year (CSP and US Bank Cash+) after recently getting approval for 4 credit cards.

I'm wondering if having this card is worth the leaving the garden.

I hear that FNBO cards offer great balance transfer deals and healthy credit limits and a no-frills card like that is what I'm missing what now.

On the otherhand, I dont necessarily need a card like that because I dont really ever carry a balance.

I could probably app for an FNBO card at another time right? These pre-approvals dont REALLY expire do they?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
firstladyd
Contributor

Re: Is First National Bank Omaha worth leaving the garden for?

I would say if you don't need it why app for it. That's another inquiry between you and the card you want to app for. JMHO

Starting Score: 585
Current Score: TU 734 Walmart EQ 704 FICO EX 721
Goal Score: 750 Across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 5
gettnthere
Established Contributor

Im sure as long as your credit does not change, if your pre approved now, you still will be in the future. With that said, im the type that if i want something i go for it, so if u want it go for it. FNBO is a pretty good bank but they arent as lax with underwriting as other banks and can very conservative more often than not.

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 3 of 5
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@charyot77 wrote:

I'm currently in the garden in hopes of applying for 2 FINAL cards next year (CSP and US Bank Cash+) after recently getting approval for 4 credit cards.

I hear that FNBO cards offer great balance transfer deals and healthy credit limits and a no-frills card like that is what I'm missing what now.

On the otherhand, I dont necessarily need a card like that because I dont really ever carry a balance.

I could probably app for an FNBO card at another time right? These pre-approvals dont REALLY expire do they?

I think you answered your own question.   Apping for FNBO would be counter productive to your long term goals, as both Chase and US Bank are pretty strict.   Not sure that you wanna drop your AAoA and gain an inquiry for a card that you are questionable about.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 4 of 5
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

@charyot77 wrote:

I think you answered your own question.   Apping for FNBO would be counter productive to your long term goals, as both Chase and US Bank are pretty strict.   Not sure that you wanna drop your AAoA and gain an inquiry for a card that you are questionable about.

I have found US Bank to be the MOST strict lender I have ever dealt with!

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Fidelity Investment Rewards Visa Signature
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.