Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is GE Amazon a soft inquiry or not!

tag
calihlove75
Established Contributor

Is GE Amazon a soft inquiry or not!

I had a weird experience and do not know if I was dealing with someone who really did not know or not. I have had an Amazon store card for almost a year (June 28 will be first anniversary) I tried to request an increase via the phone system and went through the prompts of asking me how much I wanted and my income. I was denied stating I am not eligible and reasons will be mailed to me. I did get a auto increase on 4/18/2012 for $200 .  Anyway, I did this kind of request before and same outcome. I do not recall ever receiving a hard inquiry last time. Anyway, I deciding to call the backdoor number and she said she could look into it. Asked me how much I wanted and I said I wanted 1,000 increase to bring my cl to $2500. She went through the prompts of asking me income again as the automated had. I asked her if this would be a hard inquiry and she said yes. I then asked if the automated system was a hard inquiry and she said yes I believe so. I then had her confirm that in a matter of a few minutes this will be two inquiries and she stated yes but it would treat it has one because they treat everything as one if done in a matter of 30 days. I knew that was bull but I decided to just authorize it and hope she did not know what she was saying. When all was said and done she increased it to the $2500. I do know at one point she said that she did not see any mortgages on my credit.Could I have really been 'harded' twice by GE..LOL?

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Is GE Amazon a soft inquiry or not!

@calihlove75 wrote:

I had a weird experience and do not know if I was dealing with someone who really did not know or not. I have had an Amazon store card for almost a year (June 28 will be first anniversary) I tried to request an increase via the phone system and went through the prompts of asking me how much I wanted and my income. I was denied stating I am not eligible and reasons will be mailed to me. I did get a auto increase on 4/18/2012 for $200 .  Anyway, I did this kind of request before and same outcome. I do not recall ever receiving a hard inquiry last time. Anyway, I deciding to call the backdoor number and she said she could look into it. Asked me how much I wanted and I said I wanted 1,000 increase to bring my cl to $2500. She went through the prompts of asking me income again as the automated had. I asked her if this would be a hard inquiry and she said yes. I then asked if the automated system was a hard inquiry and she said yes I believe so. I then had her confirm that in a matter of a few minutes this will be two inquiries and she stated yes but it would treat it has one because they treat everything as one if done in a matter of 30 days. I knew that was bull but I decided to just authorize it and hope she did not know what she was saying. When all was said and done she increased it to the $2500. I do know at one point she said that she did not see any mortgages on my credit.Could I have really been 'harded' twice by GE..LOL?

Automated CLI requests with GE are SP's. CareCredit can be an exception but will let you know if they want a HP for the CLI. A manual review after an automated CLI denial is a toss up, SP or HP. Depends on the rep your dealing with.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 5
calihlove75
Established Contributor

Thank you. So far I do not see a hard or soft on either experian or equifax which leaves TU, but I wont know until tomorrow when I can pull my reports again through myprivacymatters or later through credit karma. I hope it was not a hard as I already have 10 inquiries on there!!!

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 3 of 5
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@calihlove75 wrote:

Thank you. So far I do not see a hard or soft on either experian or equifax which leaves TU, but I wont know until tomorrow when I can pull my reports again through myprivacymatters or later through credit karma. I hope it was not a hard as I already have 10 inquiries on there!!!

GE primarily pulls TU for HP's, sometimes EQ. Not much of a EX puller.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 5
calihlove75
Established Contributor

Well I pulled my transunion and it shows a soft inquiry dated 6/10/12 but no hard . I am not sure what the woman was talking about. I assume a hard inquiry would show up immediately. Who knows, but maybe I lucked out.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.