Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is GE forgiving?

tag
twall06
Frequent Contributor

Is GE forgiving?

A few years ago I had several cards through them but I closed the AE one and git behind in my old navy card and PayPal . They got turned over to collections I paid them off last year . So I decided to go for a Walmart card and was denied I recently got a cap1 card and they had a judgement against me that I had just paid off . I also got a best buy card the same week . Anyways do you think ge will ever give me another card I want a Walmart one for the gas discount and so I can keep getting my TU score after I cancel my merrick secured card.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
tknkrov
Contributor

Re: Is GE forgiving?

In my experience yes.. I had several accounts I either paid off or settled with them a couple years back and they have approved me for new since then.

Message 2 of 8
twall06
Frequent Contributor

Thanks I hope they will give a chance again maybe ill try again next year .
Message 3 of 8
scorpiostinger07
Regular Contributor

They are very forgiving. I had a Lowes, Walmart and JCP that charged off in 2006 and 2007 and have since fallen off my reports. I have been approved for the following in Feb 2013

Amazon $400

Walmart $600

Sams Club $800

Starting Score: 433
Current Score: 700
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 8
LS2982
Mega Contributor

GE can be forgiving but you have to give it some time. Try again next year hopefully they approve you!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 8
boomhower
Valued Contributor

They are but your going to have to get your score up.   A bad history with them combined with a 600 isn't going to cut.  Give it a year and get to a 650 and you should be fine.

Message 6 of 8
enharu
Super Contributor

from what i have seen, they're pretty forgiving, as long as you didn't burn them before. sometimes people get re-approved despite burining them before, some don't. but if you didn't, your chances are pretty good.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 7 of 8
twall06
Frequent Contributor

Thanks everyone I will probably wait a little over a year I do not plan on applying for anything else until my scores are high enough to buy a house. It weird Cap1 had a judgement against me but I was able to get another card with them so I had thought GE might give me one since I paid all my balances with them in full. Wish I would have known about this site back then and ii would have tried to PFD.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.