Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is It Time To Drop FPB?

tag
KayMD
Valued Member

Is It Time To Drop FPB?

Hey Guys! 

Well I've had FPB (first premier bank) credit card for about 2 years and 6 months. I just made a payment of $13.68, that would bring balance down to $0 in the years I've have had this card I've only used it 4 times. Because when I got it was loaded with fees and my limt was just $200 and it's still at that. The thing about this card is that it has open doors for me. Should I get rid of it? Cause even if I don't use it I still have to pay $7 a month. Take a long at my profile?

American Express Zync Card: $489 Balance Due this month. Don't want to pay it but I have to. Smiley Happy

Capital One: $390/$500

Wells Fargo: $177$700

FPB $0/$200

I need your advice. What should I do? At just 21 years of age I want to have a credit profile that will lead me to an excelellent lifestyle.

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is It Time To Drop FPB?

As others have told me, dump FP

Message 2 of 21
KayMD
Valued Member

Have you dump them as yet?

Message 3 of 21
frogfan12
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

As others have told me, dump FP

+1 Do itttt.

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 4 of 21
score_building
Senior Contributor

@KayMD wrote:

Hey Guys! 

Well I've had FPB (first premier bank) credit card for about 2 years and 6 months. I just made a payment of $13.68, that would bring balance down to $0 in the years I've have had this card I've only used it 4 times. Because when I got it was loaded with fees and my limt was just $200 and it's still at that. The thing about this card is that it has open doors for me. Should I get rid of it? Cause even if I don't use it I still have to pay $7 a month. Take a long at my profile?

American Express Zync Card: $489 Balance Due this month. Don't want to pay it but I have to. Smiley Happy

Capital One: $390/$500

Wells Fargo: $177$700

FPB $0/$200

I need your advice. What should I do? At just 21 years of age I want to have a credit profile that will lead me to an excelellent lifestyle.

Dump 'em...do not need them based on current profile...good thing Amex didn't deny simply for having FPB listed on cbr as they have been known to do sometimes.

The statement that don't want to pay the charge card is a bit alarming if it is an indication of spending more than can comfortably (eagerly even) repay in a quest for a bullet proof credit profile. Also carrying over 50% on cap1? Both Cap1 and WF, which are both presumably highish APR products, ideally would be PIF sooner than later to avoid paying interest.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 5 of 21
minimock
Frequent Contributor

It is ALWAYS time to dump FPB LOL.

Serious though, I used them 7 years ago, or should I say it was mutual abuse lol.

And it did pave the way for a Cap 1 card, which I still have..... I keep it for the age and the monkey button daily fun, still stuck on 1K CL

It looks like your on your way, I would close it.

Message 6 of 21
KayMD
Valued Member

Understood. I have the money to pay my Amex card sometimes I think I should be saving more than spending. As a college student these are just my saying never been late on my AMEX but I do love it.

Message 7 of 21
treefrogger
New Contributor

Run from First Premier.  Put those fees you would have paid toward payments on the other cards.

Message 8 of 21
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Axe them ASAP!!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 21
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@minimock wrote:

It is ALWAYS time to dump FPB LOL.

Serious though, I used them 7 years ago, or should I say it was mutual abuse lol.

And it did pave the way for a Cap 1 card, which I still have..... I keep it for the age and the monkey button daily fun, still stuck on 1K CL

It looks like your on your way, I would close it.

That's funny, before I even opened the link I read "si it time to drop FPB" and I said in my head IT'S ALWAYS A GOOD TIME TO DUMP FPB!

ESPECIALLY if you have Amex Zync! Prepare yourself for the process to close, maybe couple transfers, an offer of a 2nd card with higher limit, waiving of fees... Unless they can all of a sudden offer you a Free card with a $2k plus limit! LOL they need to be closed!!!! Don't hold yourself back anymore Smiley Happy and congrats on your credit building/repair.

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.