cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is JetBlue Card Sign up bonus ending soon?? (Update: My bad, it was the AMEX Delta Skymiles)

tag
Christhegardener
Established Member

Is JetBlue Card Sign up bonus ending soon?? (Update: My bad, it was the AMEX Delta Skymiles)

Hi all!

I have been meaning to apply for the JetBlue Card for a while, but I want to raise my TU a little bit more first. However, I remember coming across an article or post about their sign up bonus offer expiring soon. Is this still true? If so, when? I spent all day trying to dig up that post, but its no where to be found. Maybe my mind is playing tricks on me, but I some how remember it clearly...

Any information regarding JetBlue would help!!

Thanks all!! Happy end of Monday!

EDIT: I apologize, I finally remembered it was AMEX skymiles' 50k miles signup bonus that was expiring soon. (Expiring 8-9-16!!!) Went ahead and applied for skymiles gold and got approved for 1000 scl!! Finally a proud AMEX customer!

First FICO 8: EQ 645 | TU 671 | EX 666 --- 11/1/16
FICO 8 Now: EQ 700 | TU 715 | EX 709 --- 12/05/16
Goal: 730-750 across the board by 4/1/17

Discover IT: $1250 | Cap1 QSMC: $300 | AMZN Sync: $6000 | Chevron Sync: $3500 | TJX Sync: $2500
Walmart: $400 | AMEX Gold Delta Skymiles $1000 | AMEX SPG $5000
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is JetBlue Card Sign up bonus ending soon??

I don't think so. The bonus on the no-annual-fee card did offer 10k points initially, but that was a limited time offer and it is now 5k. The bonus on the annual fee card has always been 30k and I don't think that is going away. Barclays isn't known to change the bonuses like other banks do. They usually set it and keep it.

I enjoy my JetBlue card!

Message 2 of 9
Christhegardener
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't think so. The bonus on the no-annual-fee card did offer 10k points initially, but that was a limited time offer and it is now 5k. The bonus on the annual fee card has always been 30k and I don't think that is going away. Barclays isn't known to change the bonuses like other banks do. They usually set it and keep it.

I enjoy my JetBlue card!

Thanks for your reply! Do you remember what your stats was back when you applied for it?

Discover IT: $1250 | Cap1 QSMC: $300 | AMZN Sync: $6000 | Chevron Sync: $3500 | TJX Sync: $2500
Message 3 of 9
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Christhegardener wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I enjoy my JetBlue card!

Thanks for your reply! Do you remember what your stats was back when you applied for it?

Barclaycard does change some bonuses now and then. I know the Wyndham cards have had spring/summer promotional bonuses that were distinct from other changes to the cards.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 4 of 9
805orbust
Valued Contributor

Hey Chris, I was approved for the JetBlue card a month ago and they pulled EQ which was 687 with 20 inn's and I've had about 7 or 8 new accounts this year.

Message 5 of 9
Christhegardener
Established Member

Congrats! I tried it last night with EQ of 666 :/ i thought they pulled TU (671) i guess I was wrong. Otherwise we have similar stats. Maybe when my EQ goes up to 680.

Message 6 of 9
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Christhegardener wrote:
Congrats! I tried it last night with EQ of 666 :/ i thought they pulled TU (671) i guess I was wrong. Otherwise we have similar stats. Maybe when my EQ goes up to 680.

I don't have the number offhand, but try calling recon if you haven't already.

If it's still a hard denial, and Barclaycard says it's because your score is too low, then maybe wait until your score improves meaningfully. I don't know if an improvement of only 14 points would make any difference.

I expect they will still decline you, though, and say that you have too many new accounts...one per month is a lot.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 7 of 9
Christhegardener
Established Member

Yea, I think I will call them after they send me the rejection letter. (It's under review now, which I think means rejection but I could be wrong)

If anyone has a backdoor number to call in for Barclay please hook me up and share! Thanks all! And thanks wasCB14!

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Christhegardener wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I enjoy my JetBlue card!

My score was 699, and at that point, I only had a credit history of 10 months. Just got it in August. And they gave me a 6k limit, I was VERY surprised.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.