Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Junny/Barclays prime?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is Junny/Barclays prime?

Hello all
I know some of you saw I got approved for Junny/Barclays B&N card- and Ash brought up something-

is it considered prime? I was thinking not...

another question(s)

Are they good about CLI's
Do they have good cust. service?
Can you set up payments online and auto pay too?
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is Junny/Barclays prime?

not in my book

no
yes, if you get a good csr
think so
Message 2 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Services all ranges of the spectrum but best known for subprime inthe US before being purchased by Barclays.  I don't consider them prime simply because of past experience but of course I had what was one of their near prime cards.
Message 3 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

dnm45227 wrote:
not in my book

no
think so

That's what I thought...

See Ash- you may not want this card- this would ONLY be good to you if you love B&N, already have a member's reward card (which until recently I did not have as it sucked until this year when they revamped it) and would want the extra coupons and discount.

It will always have to be a PIF card because of the horrible APR.
Message 4 of 25
SonorityGenius
Established Contributor

I have read they are prime simply because of the Barclays affiliation (world's top 10 banks)

Their CLs are reportedly very high compared to "subprime" lenders, I remember a guy @ CB got CLI every 6 months for his Emigrant direct card to the max of 50k

They are known to be edgy on ratejacking and closing accts but if you pif, their TLs wont hurt =)

Besides FICO doesnt care who you bank with as long as your $ goes to the lender with good status!
Message 5 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't consider them prime, mainly because they gave me a card. Smiley Very Happy  ('Course, Amex did too so I may need to rethink that logic.)

Yes, you can set up auto pay on their website.

Message 6 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

So juniper card and carnival sea miles are not prime cards? I think i will wait

till i get pre approved offers from AMEX, Discover and Wamu.

netpanther wrote:

dnm45227 wrote:
not in my book

no
think so

That's what I thought...

See Ash- you may not want this card- this would ONLY be good to you if you love B&N, already have a member's reward card (which until recently I did not have as it sucked until this year when they revamped it) and would want the extra coupons and discount.

It will always have to be a PIF card because of the horrible APR.

Message 7 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would call them an "Alt-A" lender as we say in the mortgage biz. Discover and Amex would be more like prime and First Premier is definitely subprime.   
Message 8 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

To add to the discussion.

I got a $1000 CL after a manual approval at 8.99% (Was still listed as Juniper at the time). None of my other cards is under 15%.

When they reviewed my credit they lowered me $250 for inquiries (stupid business cards asking for a personal guarantee) and 3 of them are from Barclays (2 on this same card I already have). Plus a stupid car dealership who ran my credit after I told them upfront that I was preapproved.

I also applied for Travelocity's card not knowing it was them because it was before the Juniper/Barclays marriage.

So now I'm at $750 and thinking of cancelling. Really got pissed off when that letter came in the mail that they're lowering my limit because of inquiries I didn't even ask for. And I can't get them deleted either...
Message 9 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

EddieX wrote:
To add to the discussion.

I got a $1000 CL after a manual approval at 8.99% (Was still listed as Juniper at the time). None of my other cards is under 15%.

When they reviewed my credit they lowered me $250 for inquiries (stupid business cards asking for a personal guarantee) and 3 of them are from Barclays (2 on this same card I already have). Plus a stupid car dealership who ran my credit after I told them upfront that I was preapproved.

I also applied for Travelocity's card not knowing it was them because it was before the Juniper/Barclays marriage.

So now I'm at $750 and thinking of cancelling. Really got pissed off when that letter came in the mail that they're lowering my limit because of inquiries I didn't even ask for. And I can't get them deleted either...

See I was thinking they weren't prime and have not good stories w/ them- the only reason I got them is that they are the only one who handles B&N.
Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.