Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Junny/Barclays prime?

tag
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: Is Junny/Barclays prime?

haulingthescoreup wrote:
Oh, but MV, have you seen the card designs? Over 150 last I looked. You could get one with a picture of Home!

They have pictures of Iowa?  Smiley Happy

Or maybe of Africa for my daughter? Smiley Very Happy

"Home" is a relative term in our family!

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 21 of 25
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Brammy wrote:
Oh yes!  I recently looked at an app that asked specifically if you had an Amex or Discover.  Can't remember which one it was, wasn't very interested in apping it. It also comes into play with hte prestige effect when a lender is eyeballing your reports.

That is the only reason I may apply for an AMEX or Discover next year, after I get my CLI on Junny and when my EX catches up with my other scores!
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 22 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Brammy wrote:

haulingthescoreup wrote:
And we all need to remember, there are a lot of loan situations that aren't purely score-driven. Who knows whether and how much our CC line-up affects a lender's decision? I would think that there might be a halo effect, where the lender figures that if we're good enough for Discover and AmEx Gold Rewards and the big-daddy Chase and Citi cards, then gosh darn it, we just might be good enough for him or her!

Oh yes!  I recently looked at an app that asked specifically if you had an Amex or Discover.  Can't remember which one it was, wasn't very interested in apping it. It also comes into play with hte prestige effect when a lender is eyeballing your reports.

Message Edited by Brammy on 11-24-2007 04:55 PM

Wow! Are you serious?  I know Amex used to be considered a "trophy" card, but we have all seen w/ it's addition of credit cards the lowering of it's standards- which is a good thing. Also remember- I think it was Noah that Amex was suing MC and Visa and accused them of blackballing Amex at businesses to keep Amex out- so it may be there were insider industry spiels at work keeping Amex out rather than what most people thought- that the merchant fees were so high that most merchants chose not to take Amex.

hmmm....
Message 23 of 25
Cooneyca
Regular Contributor

With no AF and 8.99% APR, I definitely don't consider it sub-prime.  THe CL ($3000) could have been better, but I did app for it after I had multiple inquiries already through in the system.

netpanther wrote:
Hello all
I know some of you saw I got approved for Junny/Barclays B&N card- and Ash brought up something-

is it considered prime? I was thinking not...

another question(s)

Are they good about CLI's
Do they have good cust. service?
Can you set up payments online and auto pay too?

Jan 07: tu 498, ex 501, eq 504
Oct 07: tu 716, ex 712, eq 723
Nov 07: tu 693, ex 664, eq 672_post app frenzy
Message 24 of 25
Cooneyca
Regular Contributor

Amex actually received a $2.2 billion settlement with Visa and is still pursuing MC.  However, most of the complaints I hear from merchants about Amex is not their fee structure but how long it takes the merchant to get paid. 

netpanther wrote:

Also remember- I think it was Noah that Amex was suing MC and Visa and accused them of blackballing Amex at businesses to keep Amex out- so it may be there were insider industry spiels at work keeping Amex out rather than what most people thought- that the merchant fees were so high that most merchants chose not to take Amex.

hmmm....

Jan 07: tu 498, ex 501, eq 504
Oct 07: tu 716, ex 712, eq 723
Nov 07: tu 693, ex 664, eq 672_post app frenzy
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.