Reply
Senior Contributor
O6
Posts: 3,626
Registered: ‎10-13-2009
0

Is Macy's AmEx Brain-Dead???

Pulled my weekly EX and see my Macy's AmEx is reporting a $72 credit limit, which just happens to be the same as my highest monthly usage over the past year.  I called Macy's and they said that my limit is still what it was in their system.

 

Why is Macy's so retarded when it comes to credit reporting?

IAALBNYL
Moderator
Moderator
Lel
Posts: 5,268
Registered: ‎03-18-2008
0

Re: Is Macy's AmEx Brain-Dead???

Have you checked to see how it is reporting to the other credit bureaus?  I haven't checked EX, but on EQ my Macy's Amex tradeline is correctly reporting the credit limit.  The store card tradeline isn't reporting any CL.

Senior Contributor
O6
Posts: 3,626
Registered: ‎10-13-2009
0

Re: Is Macy's AmEx Brain-Dead???

 


Lel wrote:

Have you checked to see how it is reporting to the other credit bureaus?  I haven't checked EX, but on EQ my Macy's Amex tradeline is correctly reporting the credit limit.  The store card tradeline isn't reporting any CL.


 

They report correctly on EQ and TU.

 

I'm just sick and tired of their incompetence.  They had reporting screwed up last month for everybody when they dropped off.  Now they have my EX messed up.  It really isn't worth the hassle anymore as they offer absolutely nothing that other issuers offer ... and without the hassle.

IAALBNYL
Moderator
Moderator
Lel
Posts: 5,268
Registered: ‎03-18-2008
0

Re: Is Macy's AmEx Brain-Dead???

Strange.  I just looked at an older EX report and the CL appears correctly on it.  I thought there might be a systematic problem with the way info is sent to EX or in the way it is processed by EX once received, but it appears to be a problem unique to your situation.  I agree, it doesn't seem to be worth the hassle....but they do send out some decent coupons every once in a while (for the Macy's store card TL, that is).

Established Contributor
ifinet
Posts: 552
Registered: ‎03-17-2010
0

Re: Is Macy's AmEx Brain-Dead???

 


Lel wrote:

Strange.  I just looked at an older EX report and the CL appears correctly on it.  I thought there might be a systematic problem with the way info is sent to EX or in the way it is processed by EX once received, but it appears to be a problem unique to your situation.  I agree, it doesn't seem to be worth the hassle....but they do send out some decent coupons every once in a while (for the Macy's store card TL, that is).


Does that mean you can't use the Macy's Amex to redeem those coupons?

 

Moderator
Moderator
Lel
Posts: 5,268
Registered: ‎03-18-2008
0

Re: Is Macy's AmEx Brain-Dead???

It's the same card, but when you use the store coupons with your credit card, it gets put on your Macy's store account, not the Amex account.

Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup
Posts: 28,115
Registered: ‎04-01-2007
0

Re: Is Macy's AmEx Brain-Dead???

 


Lel wrote:

It's the same card, but when you use the store coupons with your credit card, it gets put on your Macy's store account, not the Amex account.


 

This sort of thing makes my eyes cross. :smileytongue:

 

I don't think that I've ever seen a corporation whose credit motto is "Joy through complexity."

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+