Did you mean: 

Is Macy's on a rampage for reducing CL's

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is Macy's on a rampage for reducing CL's

@Creditaddict wrote:
have you asked? Every 3 months

yes i have, i use it all the time and pay on it every wk, never late my fico score is 642. i got to the point i stop asking for one. i got my card oct 07.

so i will just pay it off and just put it in the sock draw. and whats so crazy i have a bloomingdale's with an cl of $1000....

Message 11 of 20
slarano
Frequent Contributor

Mine still hovers at around a 4K CL. Perhaps I'll call in soon to get a slight bump, it's been at least 4 months since I last got my GLI.
ImageImageImage

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I too felt the bitter bite of a CL  decrease. I started out with a $200 CL, quickly got CLI to $300 and then $500.

I was late once, (4 days) and they slashed it back to $200.

That was the only time in 8 years its ever been late, and it's still a miserable $200 limit.

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I too felt the bitter bite of a CL  decrease. I started out with a $200 CL, quickly got CLI to $300 and then $500.

That was the only time in 8 years its ever been late, and it's still a miserable $200 limit.

at least u made it to 500.00. i just got my response back from macy about cli, denied due to something is on my EX report.
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@score_building wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
WHY CANT MACY'S SHOW ME ANY LOVE....I HAD MY FOR 2 YRS NEVER AN INCREASE :smileysad:  $300
possible factors: 

-high uti

-marginal EX score

-sufficient credit 

-insufficient income

-past delinquencies

-new neg info (EX)

-usage patterns

thanks for the info, i will look into that....
Message 15 of 20
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

buttercupbass wrote:

If you miss a payment with Macy's/Bloomingdale's the CLD is automatic.
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

YES Macys is on a rampage I have had my account for 15 months , never been late,usually paid in full,always paid more than minimum payment,very actively ordered from them a least every other month, my credit line went from $1200 down to $140 like $6 above my current balance, I called them and they raised my limit back to $600 wow lol!! yes they are reducing lines so be prepared, and to beat it all like 2 months ago I had gotten a $200 cli!!!  BLOOMINGDALES is doing the same my $1500 credit line went down to $100, never been late with them either I called and they raised it back up to $800 but i had to call like 7 times to get it done, but I look for them to lower again in a month or two.They are balance chasing too it appears.
Message 17 of 20
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
YES Macys is on a rampage I have had my account for 15 months , never been late,usually paid in full,always paid more than minimum payment,very actively ordered from them a least every other month, my credit line went from $1200 down to $140 like $6 above my current balance, I called them and they raised my limit back to $600 wow lol!! yes they are reducing lines so be prepared, and to beat it all like 2 months ago I had gotten a $200 cli!!!  BLOOMINGDALES is doing the same my $1500 credit line went down to $100, never been late with them either I called and they raised it back up to $800 but i had to call like 7 times to get it done, but I look for them to lower again in a month or two.They are balance chasing too it appears.

did they give you a reason for the CLDs?
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

they claimed my credit report contained negative items, but i know that to be false i check my credit everyday,and i pulled a fico score from myfico and my score is 698 its better than it was when i got the accounts.
Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
they claimed my credit report contained negative items, but i know that to be false i check my credit everyday,and i pulled a fico score from myfico and my score is 698 its better than it was when i got the accounts.

i called macy's today, to see what was ex reporting on my credit they couldnt tell me why. they said they will send me a statement, stateing the reason why....

i tried of the cld,it makes me angry...

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.