Frequent Contributor
ladydi

Re: Is Macy's on a rampage for reducing CL's

Creditaddict wrote:
have you asked? Every 3 months

yes i have, i use it all the time and pay on it every wk, never late my fico score is 642. i got to the point i stop asking for one. i got my card oct 07.

so i will just pay it off and just put it in the sock draw. and whats so crazy i have a bloomingdale's with an cl of $1000....

Frequent Contributor
slarano

Mine still hovers at around a 4K CL. Perhaps I'll call in soon to get a slight bump, it's been at least 4 months since I last got my GLI.

myFICO Starting Scores: TU 643 03.10.09 EX 676 01.09.09 EQ 638 05.24.09
Current Score: (WalMart FICO) TU 792 04.03.13 (Mortgage Lender - HP) EX 745 02.06.13 (Mortgage Lender - HP) EQ 771 02.06.13
Goal Score: 800+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor
buttercupbass

I too felt the bitter bite of a CL  decrease. I started out with a $200 CL, quickly got CLI to $300 and then $500.

I was late once, (4 days) and they slashed it back to $200.

That was the only time in 8 years its ever been late, and it's still a miserable $200 limit.

Frequent Contributor
ladydi

buttercupbass wrote:

I too felt the bitter bite of a CL  decrease. I started out with a $200 CL, quickly got CLI to $300 and then $500.

That was the only time in 8 years its ever been late, and it's still a miserable $200 limit.

at least u made it to 500.00. i just got my response back from macy about cli, denied due to something is on my EX report.
Frequent Contributor
ladydi

score_building wrote:

ladydi wrote:
WHY CANT MACY'S SHOW ME ANY LOVE....I HAD MY FOR 2 YRS NEVER AN INCREASE :smileysad:  $300
possible factors: 

-high uti

-marginal EX score

-sufficient credit 

-insufficient income

-past delinquencies

-new neg info (EX)

-usage patterns

thanks for the info, i will look into that....
Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

buttercupbass wrote:

If you miss a payment with Macy's/Bloomingdale's the CLD is automatic.
MARTYALEX651

YES Macys is on a rampage I have had my account for 15 months , never been late,usually paid in full,always paid more than minimum payment,very actively ordered from them a least every other month, my credit line went from $1200 down to $140 like $6 above my current balance, I called them and they raised my limit back to $600 wow lol!! yes they are reducing lines so be prepared, and to beat it all like 2 months ago I had gotten a $200 cli!!!  BLOOMINGDALES is doing the same my $1500 credit line went down to $100, never been late with them either I called and they raised it back up to $800 but i had to call like 7 times to get it done, but I look for them to lower again in a month or two.They are balance chasing too it appears.
Senior Contributor
score_building

MARTYALEX651 wrote:
YES Macys is on a rampage I have had my account for 15 months , never been late,usually paid in full,always paid more than minimum payment,very actively ordered from them a least every other month, my credit line went from $1200 down to $140 like $6 above my current balance, I called them and they raised my limit back to $600 wow lol!! yes they are reducing lines so be prepared, and to beat it all like 2 months ago I had gotten a $200 cli!!!  BLOOMINGDALES is doing the same my $1500 credit line went down to $100, never been late with them either I called and they raised it back up to $800 but i had to call like 7 times to get it done, but I look for them to lower again in a month or two.They are balance chasing too it appears.

did they give you a reason for the CLDs?
FICOS:
06/13 EX 765 (PSECU) EQ 771 (DCU) TU 779 (Barclays)
MARTYALEX651

they claimed my credit report contained negative items, but i know that to be false i check my credit everyday,and i pulled a fico score from myfico and my score is 698 its better than it was when i got the accounts.
Frequent Contributor
ladydi

MARTYALEX651 wrote:
they claimed my credit report contained negative items, but i know that to be false i check my credit everyday,and i pulled a fico score from myfico and my score is 698 its better than it was when i got the accounts.

i called macy's today, to see what was ex reporting on my credit they couldnt tell me why. they said they will send me a statement, stateing the reason why....

i tried of the cld,it makes me angry...

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+