cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Navy Federal A Good Credit Card Issuer?

tag
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

Is Navy Federal A Good Credit Card Issuer?

I have read that USAA and Amex are very good when it comes to customer services, incidences of bill-timing problems, and effectiveness of problem resolution.

But I could not find any pertinent information about NFCU online.

I am wondering how does NFCU stack up against USAA or Amex, especially to the people who have experience.

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Is Navy Federal A Good Credit Card Issuer?

NFCU CS is far better than USAA IMO. I don't have any issues with Amex- to me they run neck and neck.
Message 2 of 20
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@09Lexie wrote:
NFCU CS is far better than USAA IMO. I don't have any issues with Amex- to me they run neck and neck.

+1

Only drawback, even if you have a NFCU thought in mind, chances are they arleady did an HP on you...lol.  Generally, the consensus is that NFCU is one of the top CUs around.  Of course, as with anything, always do your homework to determine if it fits your lifestyle and financial goals.

Message 3 of 20
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I think they HP'd me just because I typed this reply!
Message 4 of 20
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@09Lexie wrote:
I think they HP'd me just because I typed this reply!

LOL...

That's 2 HPs for me now...

Message 5 of 20
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 6 of 20
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

I noticed from your forum signature that you have a USAA American Express card. Just FYI, it's not considered a "real" American Express card.

Message 7 of 20
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

I know what you mean, kevinjjc. Since Amex and Discover do issue their own cards, your Walmart Discover is not considered a "real" Discover either, right?
Because neither Visa nor MarsterCard issues its own card, so my NFCU Visa and USAA MarsterCard are real ones. Haha! Smiley Very Happy
Message 8 of 20
unc0mm0n1
Established Contributor

@kevinjjc wrote:

I noticed from your forum signature that you have a USAA American Express card. Just FYI, it's not considered a "real" American Express card.

No it's not. So no backdating or anything like that. I used to have that card but I cancelled it. I don't think the service at USAA is good at all. I used to love them and reccomended them to many Soldiers but they've changed IMO. NFCU is better customer service than Amex as well. Amex only have foreign call centers it seems, and many of the reps don't have the power to do much. Not their fault, it's just Amex system. My favorite CS is chase (if you have the CSP) no menu, quick service and they've handled any issue that I've had.

Last App March 23, 2015. Gardening until November 25, 2015
Current Score: 766 EX 734 EQ 780 TU 6/30/2015Starting Score/Goal Score: 580s/780s across the board
Message 9 of 20
CS800
Super Contributor

Apart from they HP happy policy, I would put NFCU in my top 3 for credit card issuer and credit cards.

I have gotten equal quality of CS from AMEX, USAA and NFCU. I might add Discover to my list of top CS.

I better freeze my EQ before I get another HP from NFCU for typing their name.

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.