Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Open Sky a good secured card?

tag
iMarcus
Contributor

Re: Is Open Sky a good secured card?

about a month ago I applied for the secured capital one and BOA but was denied.. I have an auto loan with no lates that Ive been paying for 15 months but just traded it in for a new 2013 camry only have a 2.85 interest rate.. I also have a unsecured loan for $430 the balance I owe still is $295... Have like 5 collections some are paid that I need to get removed... score went up 18 points from 560-578 on equifax on June 8th.. not sure if my transunion went up...

Message 11 of 14
NY_Beauty
Regular Contributor

I have to say that they were pretty good to me.  I needed to rebuild and they gave me a "secured" chance.  Adding them to my profile is why I have two Amex's, a Discover and good card with my CU. I also have a good interest rate on my car and a new mortgage.  I won't keep them forever but when I needed them they had my back (albeit at a high %).  I didn't use the card much but again, the TL got me to where I am today.

Amex Green Amex Gold Delta Rewards Discover IT CU Rewards Visa Closed on my new home 5/2013!

Message 12 of 14
goosedog
Regular Contributor

@b_seeker wrote:

If you are looking for a good secured card with no credit check, look into SDFCU. 

https://www.sdfcu.org/creditcards

Good luck trying to open an account with them. You are better off hitting the lottery.

Message 13 of 14
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

goosedog wrote:

@b_seeker wrote:

If you are looking for a good secured card with no credit check, look into SDFCU. 

https://www.sdfcu.org/creditcards

Good luck trying to open an account with them. You are better off hitting the lottery.

I didn't have any problems.  I lived in Alexandria at the time though and just walked into the branch.  They set me up with an account the same day.  I don't think it cost me anything.  They even put $1 into a savings account for me so that I wouldn't have to deposit anything.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.