Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Opitma Oasis is a platinum card?

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Is Opitma Oasis is a platinum card?

I am due to my get oasis card. It show online in the myappstatus as in progress. I'll wait couple of weeks and see what happens.

Is Optima Oasis card is same as Optima Platinum card? When I look on the Amex website they do not offer the Plain Optima any more. Only Optima Platinum?

Those of you who got your Oasis card does it say just Optima on it or does it say Optima Platinum on it?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is Opitma Oasis is a platinum card?

bumpity bump plz.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, it is not the same thing.  Different terms, different abilities.  Ineligible for product changes or any sort of negotiation for at least a year.  You're stuck with what you're stuck with until you build history for a year.  Oasis is a "recovery product."  Not meant to impress...lol.  But it's good that you were offered it.  Good luck with your new relationship with amex!
Message 3 of 4
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Thanks Cynical. I am still waiting to get my card. They said I am approved with a CL of $5k for the card, and sent me a new application. I have signed it and send it back to them. When I check my appstatus I see my application there with status in progress. When I called Amex new accounts they were not able to give me any idea when I would get the card or any information on the card. I guess I'll wait couple of weeks and see if I get my card. 
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.