Is PayPal a SP

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is PayPal a SP

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

HP but once open it doesn't report to credit and use of the account over current CL to get CLI are sp's.

I love it! I constantly use it for 6 months interest free with $99 or more on ebay Smiley Tongue

I've never used it to go over my current CL.  Have they ever denied a CLI for you on a purchase?

I've only tried to go over once and it was almost double... I made a $1100 purchase on ebay with about $50 available and it went through and now my limit is $2088

Good to know.  I'll have to try it 

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

HP but once open it doesn't report to credit and use of the account over current CL to get CLI are sp's.

I love it! I constantly use it for 6 months interest free with $99 or more on ebay Smiley Tongue

I've never used it to go over my current CL.  Have they ever denied a CLI for you on a purchase?

I've only tried to go over once and it was almost double... I made a $1100 purchase on ebay with about $50 available and it went through and now my limit is $2088

Good to know.  I'll have to try it 

I see.. I was buying something for 50 bucks 2 days ago and it asked for the last 4 of my SSN.  I got an email and I was approved for a measely $1800 credit line.  Not that I need it but I am going to try your theory for something for $5000.  If approved, I will call back and cancel the item and then keep the line. (I know, not ethical but ..)

Message 12 of 20
Luscher
Valued Contributor

There is no point^^^^ the account doesn't show up on your credit report.
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 13 of 20
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

What Luscher said... You actually got a pretty high approval based on your only$50 purchase!
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let me listen to the experts then.  Will do.. Luscher and creditaddictSmiley Happy

Message 15 of 20
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

The application for the BML (now PayPal Credit) is a HP on EQ. (as well as for the "powered by BML" for stores such as NewEgg.)

I started out with $544, and my CL is up to $3600. I recently tried to make a purchase that would have forced it up to $5400, but the system declined it. I heard back that I had a lot of inquiries, new accounts, and that I didn't have sufficient history making purchases on ebay. The CLIs have all been SP.

So, the limit grows via SP, but they do occasionally turn down increases.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 16 of 20
Luscher
Valued Contributor

If you use it a lot it will go to infinite. If you make a purchase for 2000 and pay it all back on time and then try to make a 5000 purchase and pay it back on time. Most likely if you want a 10k purchase in the future they will approve it and bump your CL up to above that. Its a very nice system. Easy CL's, hidden trade line, 0% apr on $99 and up. Really can't beat it
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 17 of 20
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Luscher wrote:
If you use it a lot it will go to infinite. If you make a purchase for 2000 and pay it all back on time and then try to make a 5000 purchase and pay it back on time. Most likely if you want a 10k purchase in the future they will approve it and bump your CL up to above that. Its a very nice system. Easy CL's, hidden trade line, 0% apr on $99 and up. Really can't beat it

BUT if you have cash to pay for something and don't need any 0% I HIGHLY recommend using a credit card with rewards as you dont' get any with this!

Message 18 of 20
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Luscher wrote:

BUT if you have cash to pay for something and don't need any 0% I HIGHLY recommend using a credit card with rewards as you dont' get any with this!

Great point, CA...  PayPal Credit (BML) would love me to use their credit line to pay for many things online, but I tend to limit the usage to those online stores that ONLY accept payment via PayPal.

I'm headed up to Sams Club to have my tires installed and have to choose between 18 months same as cash, or 1% rewards. Because the time is longer than six months, I may go for the promotional financing. I'm debating whether to apply for the Sams MC - it may also have the same promotional financing, and earn rewards. Smiley Happy

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 19 of 20
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

That's how CLI's are generally handled with Paypal Credit though I did receive a couple of autoCLI's back when it was BML.  One can certainly be denied depending on credit.

@Anonymous wrote:

I got an email and I was approved for a measely $1800 credit line.

$1,800 for a  $50 purchase isn't "measly".  It's only intended for (relatively) small purchases anyway.  The main benefits are easy eligibility, hidden TL and short 0% offers on qualifying purchases.  You probably don't want to carry a balance on it given the APR.  As indicated above, it doesn't earn any rewards which I why I haven't used mine much in the past few years.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.