Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Priceline visa worth to apply?

tag
stone
Regular Contributor

Is Priceline visa worth to apply?

Just found that it is the only cc that offer 2% cashback on all the purchase. Anyone have experience with it.

Also it offer $50 opening bonus now, is this good enough to apply?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
distantarray
Established Contributor

Re: Is Priceline visa worth to apply?

@stone wrote:

Just found that it is the only cc that offer 2% cashback on all the purchase. Anyone have experience with it.

Also it offer $50 opening bonus now, is this good enough to apply?

as a fallback card for anything no in a catagory sure why not. Personally I rather not go that route cause it's really pinching pennies and having another card to manage. I told myself 5-6 cards and no more.If you try to save every penny how much would you really save sometimes? If you cover most good cards at 5% - 6% to maximize your budget do you really need more? your budget will be so thin you'll only get cash back in such small increments =\

Like I was able to knock out a gas card cause of BCP 3%  + Chase Trifecta combo that can net me over 6% per gas every 6months, so that 's averaging me more than 4.5% on average. With my spending habits that's less than a whopping $20 a year on gas if I get another card. Some people are just that cheap I know, but personally having too many cards also increases the risk of 1 missed payment...... and that'll screw up my credit for 1-3 years =\

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 2 of 16
Dustink
Valued Contributor

I think chase trifecta combined with US Bank package of Cash+, Flexperks signature, checking would be better.

But as a fall back if you don't have any cards offering more than 2% on all purchases then it would be okay.

Chase trifecta will earn more than 2% on all small purchases and US Bank package will earn more than 2% on all purchases. This also creates a good mix of travel rewards with cash back.

Having too many random accounts can become a bad thing. Try to stick mostly with your bank.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

what's the us bank package? why include the flexperks?

fidelity amex is also 2%, but is amex. but the cashback is much simpler to obtain imo.

i use chase freedom (+checking) for anything less than $10, fidelity amex for anything above that.

it is indeed pinching pennies, the rotating 5% rotating category cards (discover it and chase freedom for me) are easy to redeem money on, but my other 5% cards (penfed plat and citi forward) are not as easy (altho the citi forward is helping pay off my student loans slowly).

Message 4 of 16
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

I have the card and love it. Customer service is not the best in my opinion.

Message 5 of 16
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Might be good to do a bal xfer! Think it's 15 mos on this one
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 6 of 16
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

US Bank package is a platinum checking package that gives you a 50% bonus on both Cash+ and Flexperks. (Gold package earns 25% bonus)

The flexperks card gives you more bonus categories and a higher return on all purchases. It earns 3% on all purchases. It also has touchless pay, so you don't even have to pull the card out of your wallet to use it. I don't know what other cards offer that, but I would sure like to find a few.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 7 of 16
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Does USB require any membership or affiliation of any kind? Hmmm
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 8 of 16
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Dustink

Most cards offer tap to pay (unless that is the card with the keychain thing)
Message 9 of 16
distantarray
Established Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

US Bank package is a platinum checking package that gives you a 50% bonus on both Cash+ and Flexperks. (Gold package earns 25% bonus)

The flexperks card gives you more bonus categories and a higher return on all purchases. It earns 3% on all purchases. It also has touchless pay, so you don't even have to pull the card out of your wallet to use it. I don't know what other cards offer that, but I would sure like to find a few.

=

what do you need to get platinum checking? if you get a 50% bonus with platinum checking and Cash+ then that would mean you would get 7.5% back? also flex perks points if you get 3 points if used right they could be used for 6% for travel with platinum checking? =O

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.