Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: Is Priceline visa worth to apply?

Earned Points for Net Purchases 2,903
US Bank Platinum Package Bonus 1,452
Double Points on Cellular Bill Payments 41
Double Points on Gas Purchases 470
Bonus Points for Charitable Donations 146

This is part of my last month point break down. So, it works like this. You get your base points, then you get a bonus equal to 50% of those base points. After that, you get a bonus for category spending's.

So for example, I made $73 in charitable donations. I earned 73 base points, plus a 37 point package bonus, plus a 146 point category bonus. For a total of 256 points or 7% back towards travel.

Or gas. I spent $470 on gas, earning 470 base points, 235 package points, and a 470 point category bonus. For a total of 1175 points or 5% back towards travel.

To waive the $20 monthly fee for the patinum package, you must:

• Maintain $25,000 in combined personal deposit, investment and/or credit balances, OR
  • A relationship with U.S. Bank Trust Services, OR
  • Have ties to the military
Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 11 of 16
distantarray
Established Contributor

lol ok i talked to a rep, you only get a 50% raise on base point awards. Which is still pretty amazing for flexperks cause for most people they'll get 2 flex points for gas an groceries which can be used for travel at 2x1. Also you could redeem 1 point for upto 2cents worth in the right tier for tickets so that means 4 points worth for every 2 flex point category, and 3 points for every non category. Which could work out pretty lucrative since you could theoretically get 3% back form places like costco and sams club which no one really gives discounts on.

The Cash+ 5% and 2% categories are good enouogh but making everything else 1.5% cash back makes it a huge winner in my book esp with no annual fees and 25 gift certificate after ashing out 100$

So I have Amex BCP and Chase trifecta for 6% worth of category purchases for trave, 6% on grocories, 4.5%+ on gas (switching between the two) , Navy Federal for super low APR for possible balance transfer in the future.

So for me Gas Groceries and If I get US Cash+ for 1.5% base cash back, 2% drug stores 5% billpay and 5% restaurants.

So that covers me for gas, groceries, restaurants and billpay at about 5%+ average and 1.5% cash back on everything else, 2.57% on hotel with Chase Sapphire and Fast food, of course I could probably do better on hotel  and possibly flights, but if ultimate mall use + Trifecta combo I'm sure i'll average more than I will probably use once a year. I plan to do most my christmas shoppingthrough it lol. 10 point purchases in apple store purchases coming soon too =) and  5 point freedom quarter this month at bestbuy should take care of most my shopping.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 12 of 16
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

lol ok i talked to a rep, you only get a 50% raise on base point awards. Which is still pretty amazing for flexperks cause for most people they'll get 2 flex points for gas an groceries which can be used for travel at 2x1. Also you could redeem 1 point for upto 2cents worth in the right tier for tickets so that means 4 points worth for every 2 flex point category, and 3 points for every non category. Which could work out pretty lucrative since you could theoretically get 3% back form places like costco and sams club which no one really gives discounts on.

The Cash+ 5% and 2% categories are good enough but making everything else 1.5% cash back makes it a huge winner in my book esp with no annual fees and 25 gift certificate after ashing out 100$

I didn't think you could use a Visa credit card at costco.

But yes, 3% back on all VISA credit card purchases is great.

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 13 of 16
stone
Regular Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

what's the us bank package? why include the flexperks?

US Bank package is a platinum checking package that gives you a 50% bonus on both Cash+ and Flexperks. (Gold package earns 25% bonus)

The flexperks card gives you more bonus categories and a higher return on all purchases. It earns 3% on all purchases. It also has touchless pay, so you don't even have to pull the card out of your wallet to use it. I don't know what other cards offer that, but I would sure like to find a few.

which flexperks card earn 3%? i didn't saw it on the usbank website.

Message 14 of 16
Dustink
Valued Contributor

which flexperks card earn 3%? i didn't saw it on the usbank website.

The flexperks signature earns 1.5 pts/$1 spent with the platinum checking package. Which is 3%.

https://www.usbank.com/credit-cards/flexperks-travel.html

Message 15 of 16
distantarray
Established Contributor

1 flex point with platinum checking = 1.5 flex point. 1 flex point can be used as 2 penny value if your travel cost fits into their tiers. Like 20,000 points for a ticket upto $400. So essentially if used right it's like 3 points per any purchase. Of course if you get 20,000 points to pay for a ticket valued at $300 yur only getting 75% of what it's could be worth it's kinda confusing cause like Navy Federal flagship rewards they call it 1 point but it's always worth a fixed 2cent per point making it 100% rival to a Capital One Venture card with a better bank and cheaper annual fee.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.