Regular Contributor
stone

Is Priceline visa worth to apply?

Just found that it is the only cc that offer 2% cashback on all the purchase. Anyone have experience with it.

Also it offer $50 opening bonus now, is this good enough to apply?

Established Contributor
distantarray

Re: Is Priceline visa worth to apply?

stone wrote:

Just found that it is the only cc that offer 2% cashback on all the purchase. Anyone have experience with it.

Also it offer $50 opening bonus now, is this good enough to apply?

as a fallback card for anything no in a catagory sure why not. Personally I rather not go that route cause it's really pinching pennies and having another card to manage. I told myself 5-6 cards and no more.If you try to save every penny how much would you really save sometimes? If you cover most good cards at 5% - 6% to maximize your budget do you really need more? your budget will be so thin you'll only get cash back in such small increments =\

Like I was able to knock out a gas card cause of BCP 3%  + Chase Trifecta combo that can net me over 6% per gas every 6months, so that 's averaging me more than 4.5% on average. With my spending habits that's less than a whopping $20 a year on gas if I get another card. Some people are just that cheap I know, but personally having too many cards also increases the risk of 1 missed payment...... and that'll screw up my credit for 1-3 years =\

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Valued Contributor
Dustink

[ Edited ]

I think chase trifecta combined with US Bank package of Cash+, Flexperks signature, checking would be better.

But as a fall back if you don't have any cards offering more than 2% on all purchases then it would be okay.

Chase trifecta will earn more than 2% on all small purchases and US Bank package will earn more than 2% on all purchases. This also creates a good mix of travel rewards with cash back.

Having too many random accounts can become a bad thing. Try to stick mostly with your bank.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Established Member
dialect

what's the us bank package? why include the flexperks?

fidelity amex is also 2%, but is amex. but the cashback is much simpler to obtain imo.

i use chase freedom (+checking) for anything less than $10, fidelity amex for anything above that.

it is indeed pinching pennies, the rotating 5% rotating category cards (discover it and chase freedom for me) are easy to redeem money on, but my other 5% cards (penfed plat and citi forward) are not as easy (altho the citi forward is helping pay off my student loans slowly).

Established Contributor
Cadillac-XTS

I have the card and love it. Customer service is not the best in my opinion.

Senior Contributor
youngandcreditwrthy

Might be good to do a bal xfer! Think it's 15 mos on this one
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $12.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Arrival $12.7k | Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Valued Contributor
Dustink

[ Edited ]

dialect wrote:

US Bank package is a platinum checking package that gives you a 50% bonus on both Cash+ and Flexperks. (Gold package earns 25% bonus)

The flexperks card gives you more bonus categories and a higher return on all purchases. It earns 3% on all purchases. It also has touchless pay, so you don't even have to pull the card out of your wallet to use it. I don't know what other cards offer that, but I would sure like to find a few.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Senior Contributor
youngandcreditwrthy

Does USB require any membership or affiliation of any kind? Hmmm
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $12.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Arrival $12.7k | Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Senior Contributor
jsucool76

@Dustink

Most cards offer tap to pay (unless that is the card with the keychain thing)
;
Established Contributor
distantarray

Dustink wrote:

dialect wrote:

US Bank package is a platinum checking package that gives you a 50% bonus on both Cash+ and Flexperks. (Gold package earns 25% bonus)

The flexperks card gives you more bonus categories and a higher return on all purchases. It earns 3% on all purchases. It also has touchless pay, so you don't even have to pull the card out of your wallet to use it. I don't know what other cards offer that, but I would sure like to find a few.

=

what do you need to get platinum checking? if you get a 50% bonus with platinum checking and Cash+ then that would mean you would get 7.5% back? also flex perks points if you get 3 points if used right they could be used for 6% for travel with platinum checking? =O

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}