cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Synchrony notoriously difficult with amazon store card CLIs?

tag
steelers1
Frequent Contributor

Re: Is Synchrony notoriously difficult with amazon store card CLIs?

@Sixburgh79wrote:
Hello everyone new here, I've read many posts on the site here and figured it's time to join up and ask some questions and hopefully learn some other new things.

So like a year and half ago I'd say, can't remember the timeline I got my amazon store card and it started at like 2k, and I was getting automatic increases which were nice and it bumped to 6k pretty quickly.. I at one point made a purchase and had 4k of that used up. Well I was planning my attack to lay some huge payments on it, but they one day lowered my credit line within like 100 bucks of where It was used. I called and they said it was due to the utilization.

I then made not long after a 4,000 payment on it. And it hung there for awhile, I put eventually another grand on it, and then paid it down to like 200 bucks. And it has been that way for a bit now.

Anyways I've been repairing my credit over the years, last year got a new discover, citibank, chase and amex card... And yet synchrony just won't budge anymore.

I would eventually either like an Amazon visa or I'll just use my other good cards like my discover or amex for Amazon shopping... But still the principle of simply having a higher credit line is nice to build on.

Is Synchrony just difficult like this? I've made some huge strides in getting my credit back in good shape and they just beat my credit line down even after huge payments and nothing. Would love if someone has some similar experience perhaps.

@Sixburgh79 - By the way love your name. What does it mean? JK LOL!

Where have you been requesting CLI's?

If you using the button or chat and you haven't tried calling Credit Solutions maybe you should.

When I would call my results were always much better. The number is 877-379-8173.

Good Luck.

Message 11 of 17
Sixburgh79
New Contributor

Haha, good to see a fellow Pittsburgher around here!

I'll be sure to give them a call man, I appreciate that because yea i went thru the online button and then contacted synchrony via the chat tab there.

Do you think they have a little more pull?

I think the thing that really bugs me is simply how it was dropped. If I was still sitting at 6k CL I wouldn't be as worried if it increased as much.
Message 12 of 17
steelers1
Frequent Contributor

@Sixburgh79wrote:
Haha, good to see a fellow Pittsburgher around here!

I'll be sure to give them a call man, I appreciate that because yea i went thru the online button and then contacted synchrony via the chat tab there.

Do you think they have a little more pull?

I think the thing that really bugs me is simply how it was dropped. If I was still sitting at 6k CL I wouldn't be as worried if it increased as much.

The button has never done too much for me and chat has always been hit or miss.

Credit Solutions has usually come through when the other methods haven't.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

So your total UTI was ~80% when they CLD you?  That’s not really a surprise. What is it now?  Definitely call credit solutions for CLI’s though. Forget the button is even there.

Message 14 of 17
Sixburgh79
New Contributor

Midwest, no here's pretty much what happened. So early last year I got my amazon store card and it was like 1500 CL I believe, and my overall util was at like 50%... Well quickly it rose to 6k CL. But I made a few purchases with it and even with some other cards I had to end up using, and around mid summer I had my amazon card at about 4/6k used up, and my overall util on cards was about 75 to 80 %. Which I knew was bad and had to hammer down, and planned to.

Randomly my amazon card dropped to 4400 from its 6k limit. They did the same with my Walmart which was like 1800 limit and they dropped it to about 50 bucks above where it was at which was about 1300.

But end of summer I came into some cash to help pay a ton of debt down, went to about 20% util. Scores shot up and everything was solid, opened discover, amex, chase and citi cards.

I then went to sync to get my CL back to 6k and declined. However they bumped my Walmart to 3500. That was around fall. Tried again for Amazon yesterday and declined again. And my amazon card is 400 out of 4400 used, and overall util is 23%.

So that's where I'm at with it.
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I opened my card in March 2015 (right after they started offering 5% cash back) with a $1700 SL. Got automatically increased to $2400 around 3 months later, and I was increased to $3000 that October (I can't remember if I requested it or if it was an auto-bump). In May 2016, I requested an increase and they gave me $5000. I've requested CLIs on that card periodically, but I've had no movement since (up or down).

I always pay that card in full, I don't think I've ever had a statement more than $300, and it's just a store card- so $5000 is honestly more than I need. It's just interesting that I saw a lot of growth early on, and then nothing.

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't experienced this myself with SYNC yet. Not saying that I won't in the future. But my wife had a few SYNC cards and when her credit went into the crapper years ago (which we are fixing by the way) she would pay off the amounts on the SYNC cards and then they would lower the amount to like $100 or $200 of credit, then eventually just close the card without notice at all.

Of course that seems very common of SYNC is to close all of your cards with them when your credit takes a hard dive into bad areas like missed payments and so forth. Which makes complete sense and I can see why any company would not want to keep extended credit out to you when it shows you're not responsible at all.

As everyone else has stated though, I would contact credit solutions over the phone. I contacted them once I got my Lowe's card because it had a small starting limit and I wanted to see if they would raise it. Which they did from I think like $1k to $3500, which isn't a ton but it was better than the starting limit and now that card is up to $6500 after only 4 months of having it in my pocket!
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.