Valued Member
gcetcet

Is TU counting my Orchard Bank or Capital One card as a Consumer Finance Account?

TU says I have a consumer finance account. I do have CCs from Capital One and Orchard Bank (HSBC)...I know those aren't the best cards or anything, but I'm at 9% util, so that's good. Anyway, when I look at my reports, every account is listed as revolving or installment...no consumer finance accounts. Is it just counting my Capital One or Orchard as a Consumer Finance Account? How would I find this out?
Established Contributor
VEEnVEGAS

Re: Is TU counting my Orchard Bank or Capital One card as a Consumer Finance Account?

I have the same comment on my TU report about Consumer Finance loan and have been equally confused by it. Actually your post gave me the thought that it may be the fact that I have an auto loan through HSBC. I don't think it could be the Cap One accounts that I also have.
Valued Member
gcetcet

Re: Is TU counting my Orchard Bank or Capital One card as a Consumer Finance Account?

Yeah, it's weird. I don't see the words "consumer finance account" anywhere on my TU report--except where it says I supposedly have one!  :smileymad:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}