cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is There Anyone Out There Who Hasn't Had Adverse Action...

tag
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Is There Anyone Out There Who Hasn't Had Adverse Action...

taken against them by a bank or a CCC?

When I say AA, it can include any of the following:

1.) credit limit decrease

2.) account closed for misbehaving 

3.) account closed from lack of use

4.) APR went up

5.) an unwanted "upgrade"

6.) any change in the way your CC reports to CRAs

I'm sure there are more AAs that have been taken against most of us, but these seem to be the most common ones.

If you're a person that has not had AA taken against you, please share your situation with the rest of us.

What are your FICO scores?

Are your reports clean, a little dirty, or very dirty? If a little dirty or worse, what are your negatives and how old are they? Paid or unpaid?

How long is your credit history?

What is your overall and individual CC utilization?

Have you apped for CCs or other loans in the last year? If so, how many times? How many inqs in the last 12 months?

I fully expect to find no more than 10 forum members that have had no AA taken against them.Smiley Very Happy 

Discuss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is There Anyone Out There Who Hasn't Had Adverse Action...

Heres the first one of ten... No AA ever taken against me. Clean report. 1 year 7 months old. 2 credit cards and a student loan. Nothing but APR reductions and CL increases for me Smiley Happy  Knock on wood haha

Message 2 of 27
score_building
Senior Contributor

Though OP didn't incl in list (perhaps he wants to track AA with current issuers) it is considered AA if an app for credit is denied.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 3 of 27
kittygal
New Contributor

No AA on any of my CC's, including an ex-WAMU converted to Chase Slate.

FICO scores from myFICO as of 3/10   TU 728  EQ 720

2 old paid collections scheduled to fall off on 8/10 and 9/10.

Oldest account opened 17yrs 6 months ago (Discover CL $12,000)

AAOA is 6 yrs.

Two approved apps in past year --

Kohl's  CL $1500 (11/09)

Home Depot  CL initially $3000,  (9/09)  but increased automatically to $3900 last month. 

Total available credit available:  $24,800

Current total utilization:  $430  ( < 3% )

14 total accounts.   7 open, 7 closed.

No late payments as all open accounts are on autopay on online bill pay and PIF each month.

No need or desire for any additional credit applications at this time.  Will probably need a new (used) car in 2011 and will try financing through local CU.

Starting Score: 696
Current Score: TU 731 7/30/10 EQ 789 8/23/10
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 27
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

What are your FICO scores?  723

Are your reports clean, a little dirty, or very dirty? If a little dirty or worse, what are your negatives and how old are they? Paid or unpaid?  Very Clean

How long is your credit history?  2.7 Years

What is your overall and individual CC utilization? Used to average 25% but now its down to 10%

Have you apped for CCs or other loans in the last year? If so, how many times? How many inqs in the last 12 months? App'd for 2 car loans; denied by PENFED and approved by USAA the next day.  Also bought a house 2 months prior to that which generated 3 inquiries on each report.  Also got a CLI from Chase ( Hard Pull )

Message 5 of 27
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

@fused wrote:

1.) credit limit decrease   NO

2.) account closed for misbehaving   NO

3.) account closed from lack of use  NO

4.) APR went up  NO

5.) an unwanted "upgrade"  NO

6.) any change in the way your CC reports to CRAs  NO

I'm sure there are more AAs that have been taken against most of us, but these seem to be the most common ones.

If you're a person that has not had AA taken against you, please share your situation with the rest of us.

What are your FICO scores?  SCORES  LISTED BELOW

Are your reports clean,   YES  a little dirty, or very dirty? If a little dirty or worse, what are your negatives and how old are they? Paid or unpaid?

How long is your credit history?  18+ YRS   AAOFA  4+ YRS

What is your overall and individual CC utilization?  1%

Have you apped for CCs or other loans in the last year?   YES    If so, how many times?  ONE   How many inqs in the last 12 months?  ONE INQ, RECEIVED 2 ACCTS

I fully expect to find no more than 10 forum members that have had no AA taken against them.Smiley Very Happy 

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 6 of 27
fused
Moderator Emeritus

I'm stunned!!!!!!!! That's good! 

Me:

1.) credit limit decrease No

2.) account closed for misbehaving No

3.) account closed from lack of use Yes! BoA LOC of 26.5K closed because drawing 5K on it wasn't enough

4.) APR went up Yes, on almost all of my CCs

5.) an unwanted "upgrade" CITI is changing my Dividend Plat Select MC to a World MC

6.) any change in the way your CC reports to CRAs Macy's 

What are your FICO scores? 800+ across the board

Are your reports clean, a little dirty, or very dirty? If a little dirty or worse, what are your negatives and how old are they? Paid or unpaid? Pristine

How long is your credit history? 22+ years

What is your overall and individual CC utilization? 1% and only one CC reporting 1% util

Have you apped for CCs or other loans in the last year? If so, how many times? How many inqs in the last 12 months? No apps

Any more without any AA? Lets see if we can find a pattern.

Message 7 of 27
Established Contributor

@fused wrote:

1.) credit limit decrease

2.) account closed for misbehaving 

3.) account closed from lack of use

4.) APR went up

5.) an unwanted "upgrade"

6.) any change in the way your CC reports to CRAs

What are your FICO scores? EQ 794 TU 792

Are your reports clean, a little dirty, or very dirty? If a little dirty or worse, what are your negatives and how old are they? Paid or unpaid? Perfect payment history

How long is your credit history? 20+ years

What is your overall and individual CC utilization? I do not carry any balances and pay all charges before statements drop

Have you apped for CCs or other loans in the last year? Yes  If so, how many times?  1 app. How many inqs in the last 12 months? 1

I did close my WAMU/ Chase CC with a 11k CL early this year as well as my HSBC CC with a 10k CL within the last year. No AA taken on either card before I closed them. I  now have 6 CC's  which average over 20k each. Three of these CC's are from CU's and one is a FSB.

I know an AA can be inflicted on anyone at anytime for anything without warning. So, I respond to this inquiry fully aware that no matter how strong one's credit profile is an AA may be lurking.

I can only control with whom I do business and how I pay my bills. Therefore, I hope I have chosen well. Heretofore, it seems I have.

Message 8 of 27
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

@fused wrote:

I'm stunned!!!!!!!! That's good! 

Any more without any AA? Lets see if we can find a pattern.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My thinking is,  it's who the individuals credit lenders are,  and the business relationship between the two.   I have had accounts on the books with US Bank for over 18 years.  I have never been late or missed a payment in that time period.   Accounts have included mortgage loans, checking and savings accts, cc and loc.   I also keep a fair amount in my checking and savings accts on a monthly basis.  I never go over 1% utility, but usually pif every month.  I only deal with US Bank and I am sure they reward me for it by treating me well.  Anyway, that's my thoughts on it.  I may be wrong, but it sounds logical to me.   

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 9 of 27
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I don't know if I can be considered in the fray but here it goes...

1.) credit limit decrease - Yes. A year ago in March I think, Bloomingdales slashed thousands of CLs at once and I was one. After a few phone calls, they restored most of the CL and sometime within the past year they restored 100% of it.

2.) account closed for misbehaving  - No

3.) account closed from lack of use - No

4.) APR went up - Yes, but no large ratejacks. I think 3-4 CCs increased the rate, but they were all store cards. I had a decrease on a couple of cards including Discover (as a promo) and WF.

5.) an unwanted "upgrade" - No

6.) any change in the way your CC reports to CRAs - Macys, Bloomingdales

...adding 7.) Financial review - Yes. Amex Green. But they restored the card and increased my purchasing power.

What are your FICO scores? See below.

Are your reports clean, a little dirty, or very dirty? If a little dirty or worse, what are your negatives and how old are they? Paid or unpaid? Report is better looking now than before applying for CCs. One baddie: 2005 redemed repo showing most recent late of 5.5 yrs and has 3-4 30 days and 3-4 60 days depending on the report.

How long is your credit history? - 3-4 yr AAoA depending on report. 9-13 year history depending on report.

What is your overall and individual CC utilization? Smiley Sad With DSNB flap? 85% overall. Over half of the cards though are at 0%.

Have you apped for CCs or other loans in the last year? If so, how many times? How many inqs in the last 12 months? Inquiries in past 6 mo. are at 6. Opened 3 cards last July and all but one inquiry drops next month. Other new account was in December (Best Buy store) and is most recent inquiry, and soon-to-be only inquiry.

I fully expect to find no more than 10 forum members that have had no AA taken against them.:smileyvery-happy: 

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.