Did you mean: 

Is There a 0% Card for Me

tag
bigman023
Frequent Contributor

Is There a 0% Card for Me

Hi All,

Im trying to determine which, if any, 0% 12-18 month intro rate card I should
go for. Would love to hear from anyone who like me has less than perfect credit and

have tried for 0% card recently. I'd be wanting a 3000 CL.

Here are the details of my CR. I know EQ & TU are my best chances.  For the
most part Ive been waiting for old baddies to go away.But I am currently in
a situation where I could benefit from having a 12-18 month,0% card.
Here are my scores from myfico. I plan to app late March to early April.

TU Score 646

Hurting score: (1) 2 accounts 60 days late or worse and 4 collection.
(2) 46% Util, (3) Short credit history. Oldest account 7yrs, AAoA 3yrs.
(4) accounts with missed payments

Helping Score: (1) Recently paying bills on time. Most recent late
payment happend 5 yrs ago. (2) Collection on CR happend long time
ago. Most recent collection occured 4yrs 3months ago

EQ Score 632

Hurting score: (1)Serious delequincy 3 accounts 60 days or worse. 1 PR which is
an (8.5 yr old dismissed BK-13). (2) 48% Util. (3) 7 accounts showing
missed payments. (4) Short histry. Oldest account 9 years 2 months. AAoA 4yrs.

Helping score: (1)Recently paying bills on time. Most recent late 4.8 yrs ago.
(2) Many accounts in good standing. 12 accounts showing paying as agreed.

Highest CL on bank CC is $2500 Choice Rewards 11 months old. Highest CL on a store card
is $5700 2 yrs old. 2yr old mortgage. Oldest open CC is 6yrs old. One 11 month old inq
on TU. 3 inqs on EQ, oldest is 10 months and yougest is 6 months.

Util will be be about 25% when I plan to app.  Pobably lower. In the past
my TU has come close to 700 when util is under 30%. I think my TU score
will be 695-705 at time of application. While my EQ score will get up to
the 675-685 range. I know scores arent everything and some CC's have certain things

that can cause you to be automatically denied, which is why Ive supplied as much

infor as possible.

Is there a 0% intro card I would have a shot at?

5/2009 EQ-504(FICO), TU98-567(FICO), EX- 503 (FAKO)
10/17/11 EQ-633, TU04-652, EX-681 All lender Pulls
10/17/11 TU98-678
12/21/2012 TU98-677 (39% Util)
01/21/2012 EQ - 661 (37% Util) SW Alert
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
dap1984va
New Contributor

Re: Is There a 0% Card for Me

Since I noticed 25 people viewed this and did not respond... as I was about the 26th.

First and foremost, Its IMPOSSIBLE to guess/estimate a score jump...we can do "what if" situations until 2017. 

Second.. The best thing...is to not apply at all, that inquiry can be costly.and the risk is not worth the ...risk

Third. Companies look at the collections/lates.. Its hard to say my score is this, and i have this, but I been paying on time for 6 months.Two negatives dont equal a positive.

Forth.. The best thing...is to not apply at all, that inquiry can be costly.and the risk is not worth the ...risk, I say that already?

Message 2 of 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

The EQ pullers are usually CUs.  Barclays pulls TU but Idk if they would give a CL that high with CAs/COs.  

I assume you've attempted to write GW letters to the creditors.  

Message 3 of 7
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

@dap1984va wrote:

Since I noticed 25 people viewed this and did not respond... as I was about the 26th.

First and foremost, Its IMPOSSIBLE to guess/estimate a score jump...we can do "what if" situations until 2017. 

Second.. The best thing...is to not apply at all, that inquiry can be costly.and the risk is not worth the ...risk

Third. Companies look at the collections/lates.. Its hard to say my score is this, and i have this, but I been paying on time for 6 months.Two negatives dont equal a positive.

Forth.. The best thing...is to not apply at all, that inquiry can be costly.and the risk is not worth the ...risk, I say that already?

+1

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 4 of 7
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@dap1984va wrote:

+1

With that in mind, if you qualify, I'll say try to get in with NFCU or even the Discover Card (been leninent lately but wont get the 0% offer). As said before, your Util Rate is too high (over 20%) and the collections may decline you on the spot. I agree you should not app and garden longer

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 5 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Possibly the OCCU Duck or Beaver card, they don't like anything neg in previous 2 yrs, looks like all this is a ways in the past. There is a thread on this board that goes into great detail on these cards, search "Approval Profiles Duck Card". Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 7
bigman023
Frequent Contributor

While I know predicting a score jump is not an exact science, knowing my past history where my utilization was in the 20-25%  range makes me pretty confident in my ball park predictions.  If Im not apping for anything in the near future. I kinda just let my util fall where it may. I dont worry about paying before the reporting date. I just pay before its due.When I think I might be apping, I bring util down by paying early and then I look at the score. This what I base my score predictions on. And as my baddies are getting older  and accounts are hitting certaing age mile stones, Ive noticed that lower util is yielding me even higher scores than in the past.

In all likely hood I will not app unless I get my util closer to 15%, or  a score of over 700. I have no CO's. Only CA's, which are actually older than what they are being reported, so Ill be disputing those. Just been waiting for them to get as old as possible before I dispute.

I have 2 prime cards, but with toy limits.  WF rewards card $1000 CL 6 month 0% intro,  and a Barclays Choice privilage $2500CL. Both in good standing.  Just for kicks I apped for a Chase card a few months ago. Didnt even lower util. Got declined. Reconed and the only reason she said she couldnt do it was the util, and that my Barclays card (highest CL) wasnt a year old. This is why I think its worth giving it a shot once util is brought down a bit.

Ill be reseaching the Duck card.

5/2009 EQ-504(FICO), TU98-567(FICO), EX- 503 (FAKO)
10/17/11 EQ-633, TU04-652, EX-681 All lender Pulls
10/17/11 TU98-678
12/21/2012 TU98-677 (39% Util)
01/21/2012 EQ - 661 (37% Util) SW Alert
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.