Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is This Normal For Discover ?

tag
NRB525
Super Contributor

Re: Is This Normal For Discover ?

@beautifulblaquepearl wrote:
Normal behavior for Discover. If there is no spend and the account has a $0 balance they don't generate a statement.

^This. Normal behavior for many CCC.

On one of my Citi AAdvantage cards, after the January statement, the payment in full was made February 17, bringing the balance on the card to zero, as the only activity after the January statement, leading to what should have been the February statement.

No February statement.

The Payment in February will show up on the March statement, which will roll forward from the end of the January statement, including the new March charges, to the March statement date.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 11 of 16
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Normal behavior for many lenders as others have said. If there's no activity on the card you may not get a statement, and I'm guessing your purchase posted a day after your March statement would have been finalized.
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep. There hv been several months I haven't gotten a statement for discover if I didn't use it during cycle.
Message 13 of 16
baller4life
Super Contributor

Normal behavior for Discover. If there is no spend and the account has a $0 balance they don't generate a statement.

Very odd. I've always had statements usage or not.

Message 14 of 16
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@baller4life wrote:

Very odd. I've always had statements usage or not.

With my own Discover I've always had a statement because I've always had activity... LOL.  Smiley Very Happy

I do have a thought about Discover, though... possibly since the rewards can run a bit behind (Discover Deals, etc.) that might cause a statement to generate even when there is no payment or charge activity?  I don't know if this is the case... I'm merely speculating.  Smiley Happy

That being said, I know for sure that with Synchrony accounts (or at least the ones I have) they only generate a statement if there is a transaction of some type.  Note that a CLI doesn't count as a 'transaction'. 

lowesnostat.jpg

Message 15 of 16
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

I've had Chase do the exact same thing along with Lowe's. 

image.png

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.