Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is This Over the Limit to Citi

tag
Andy77
Valued Contributor

Is This Over the Limit to Citi

So I have a Citi secured card with 200.00 limit

I charged 150.00 in the last two days, so had a zero balance and 150.00 were in the authorization stage, I then paid 220.00

So the system said my avail credit was 270.00 (50.00 + 220)

If I keep using and paying on the card so based on when I pay I am able to charge over the 200.00 CL, as I have already done, do you think I would get dinged on OTL Fees?

I am assuming not because non posted charges don't factor into whether you are over or not because they could fall off

When I called and talked to the CSR he said I could not charge over 200, but I explained to him I already did...he also said I was not charged an OTL fee  (I think this was because of what I stated above about charges being in the authorization stage vs. posted)

So what I am asking is when is one charged an OTL fee?

For instance, lets say my balance is zero and I have nothing in authorizations and I pay 600 on the card and it updates and says I can charge 600.00, by charging that and spending more then the 200 would I have gone over my CL or not because they had the cash all along? 

What are your thoughts? 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is This Over the Limit to Citi

I'm locking this thread to direct replies to your other thread with this question:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&thread.id=189968

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.