Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is US Bank inquiry sensitive? :O

tag
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Is US Bank inquiry sensitive? :O

@enharu wrote:

so i finally took the plunge today at the branch. application process was kinda awkward since you're talking to a person live and i was giving her all my info when i could easily do that myself online.

They pulled experian for me Smiley Sad

They were able to pull up a copy of my credit report right away and went through it with me pretty much. 11 inquiries on my EX now including this! 

Didn't get an instant approval, which was expected considering the number of inquiries I got.

I was told they'll hear back by tomorrow and will then give me a call, which is surprisingly quick if true. Does anyone know if their recon process is easy or hard? 

Oh well. Regardless of approval or denial this is my last app until 03/2014 for my Amex. 

Off to gardening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smiley LOL

Good luck, and see you in the garden!

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 61 of 83
Ron1
Super Contributor

@enharu wrote:

so i finally took the plunge today at the branch. application process was kinda awkward since you're talking to a person live and i was giving her all my info when i could easily do that myself online.

They were able to pull up a copy of my credit report right away and went through it with me pretty much. 11 inquiries on my EX now including this! 

Didn't get an instant approval, which was expected considering the number of inquiries I got.

I was told they'll hear back by tomorrow and will then give me a call, which is surprisingly quick if true. Does anyone know if their recon process is easy or hard? 

Oh well. Regardless of approval or denial this is my last app until 03/2014 for my Amex. 

Threy

Don't give up. I didn't get approved instantly. You might have a chance to get approved. They will look at your application manually. I had 10 inquiries on EXP when I applied. You can check the status of the application over the phone. The number: 800-947-1444. It might take several days to look at your application.

Good luck.

Ron.

Message 62 of 83
enharu
Super Contributor

Thanks a lot!!! Hopefully this works out well. If It does, I'm still happy with my freedom, csp and discover for now Smiley Very Happy

Maybe I should have waited until my car loan statement cut to reflect new balance but I just wanted to be done ASAP so I can freeze my ex and eq.

Thanks a lot for everything!!! I really appreciate all the help!
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 63 of 83
enharu
Super Contributor

something weird about my US bank app.

credit sesame notified me of the inquiry on EX, bringing it to total of 11 over the past 2 years Smiley Sad

However, the inquiry is showing up as a business loan? Did anyone have this issue as well when applying? Is this normal?

TypeAccount
Business LoanU S BANK CONSOLIDATED
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 64 of 83
NJTurnpike
Established Contributor

@enharu wrote:

You could have done this over the phone too. they do take applications for their Cash+ card over the phone even though they don't advertise that they do.

DCU ( pulled 3/29/13) EQ04 683 | Amex (pulled 3/28/13) EX 760 | US Bank (pulled 3/28/13) EX 753
CreditKarma (4/19/13) TU-TR 701 | TU Vantage 788 | USAA FAKO (3/31/13) EX 728, EQ 699, TU 737 |
Inquiries (4/18/13) EX 13 | EQ 13 | TU 14
Message 65 of 83
enharu
Super Contributor

i was actually thinking about it too, but i found out there's a US bank about 3 blocks away, so I figured I'd drop by and ask about opening a checking account if I'm approved too, since they give some kinda bonus for points as well if I have a checking with them.

did your inquiry show up as a business loan too? 

Message 66 of 83
Ron1
Super Contributor

Yes, it is normal. It is same as mine.

US BANK CONSOLIDATED 06/08/2012.

I also checked the Experian report and it didn't show the loan type. Where did you get that from?

Ron.

Message 67 of 83
enharu
Super Contributor

i got it from creditsesame.

i just called US bank underwriting and they said it is a consumer card and I don't have business loans or apps pending with them. So I am guessing it's creditsesame that's being weird.

My app is still pending Smiley Sad

Message 68 of 83
Ron1
Super Contributor

@enharu wrote:

i got it from creditsesame.

i just called US bank underwriting and they said it is a consumer card and I don't have business loans or apps pending with them. So I am guessing it's creditsesame that's being weird.

My app is still pending Smiley Sad

Be patience. It might take several days for them to process your application.  They haven't denied your application yet. No news is good news. Smiley Happy

Ron.

Message 69 of 83
enharu
Super Contributor

this is the confusing thing.

i am not approved, but the people at the branch was able to tell me what CL i would get if i were to get approved? i called them to ask about the business loan inquiry and the branch manager checked it out for me and said i didn't apply for any business loans. she went through my app and said i have a conditional limit of 15.5k. what does that mean? is that the max limit US bank can give me for now, but after reviewing, they might give me something lower? 

They said normally decisions take 3-5 days so it's not too bad I suppose compared to waiting 30 days for some banks.

I'm tempted to apply for barclays now since they pull TU and my TU is pristine except for 2 chase inqs. Gonna try to resist! <_<

Message 70 of 83
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.