Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Visa Signature warranty worth it?

tag
Noctilum
Frequent Contributor

Is Visa Signature warranty worth it?

I am thinking about asking my Chase Freedom to be upgraded to a Signature card so I get the warranty and purchase protection perks.  I was curious if those services are actually any good or if they are complete headaches to use?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

Re: Is Visa Signature warranty worth it?

i would say they are worth it if you need them! as far as the hassle of using them. they make a point of making it easy as it is the purpose of the card

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Corvidae wrote:

I am thinking about asking my Chase Freedom to be upgraded to a Signature card so I get the warranty and purchase protection perks.  I was curious if those services are actually any good or if they are complete headaches to use?

AMEX > VS.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a free upgrade and chances are if your CL is >$5k it is already a VS. Just ask Chase CS via online message. They'll tell you. If your CL is <$5k you need a CLI first since this is the minimum for VS.

About the perks, I personally don't use them (why would I need concierge service? If I needes this kind of stuff I had a real card for this!).
Message 4 of 7
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

all bs aside i used the concierge as a test today, i wanted a strand of 300 icicle lights and could not find them anywhere!  as a test i put it on visa and within 30 minutes they called and the store had pulled them aside. although the item is rather meaninless the service was beyond fantastic.

Message 5 of 7
Noctilum
Frequent Contributor

Well it took them 5 days for them to respond to my e-mail but they said my card is already a Signature card as of Nov 21st but I would not be getting a new physical card until February of 2015 for some reason.  Guess I can start using the warranty on my previous purchases then.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nonsense ... SM Chase and ask them to send you a Chase Freedom Visa Signature EMV Chip Card as you need it for travel. Everyone that has SM'd received the new Visa Signature with EMV Chip Card. Don't bother with the CSRs total waste of time. Just did it myself and had the card in five calendar days (snail mail).
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.