Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is an Amex FR now imminent?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is an Amex FR now imminent?

Just got instant apporved for simply cash with a 25k line.

Wasn't expecteing a line that high at all.

Other amex cards are everyday perf 6500k

Hilton surpass 4000k

Green card

I'm also about 1 week away from 180 cli request on the everyday.

Is an fr pretty much imminent now? does buisness amounts cross over into personal on that?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

Re: Is an Amex FR now imminent?

I think you're fine, enjoy your new card. 

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Doubt it.
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

only if you plan on making a purchase or purchases up to 25k Smiley Tongue in the first week of receiving the card Smiley TongueSmiley Tongue

Message 4 of 12
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hilton surpass 4000k

Green card

Is an fr pretty much imminent now? does buisness amounts cross over into personal on that?

You do know that 6500K means 6,500,000, and 4000K means 4,000,000. "K" means to add three zero's to the end. Just being technical here Smiley Happy

For a second there I honestly thought you had > million dollar credit line. lmao.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SuperKirby wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hilton surpass 4000k

Green card

You do know that 6500K means 6,500,000, and 4000K means 4,000,000. "K" means to add three zero's to the end. Just being technical here Smiley Happy

For a second there I honestly thought you had > million dollar credit line. lmao.

Smiley Surprised

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Business lines can be greater than personal.
Message 7 of 12
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Is an fr pretty much imminent now?

We can't tell based solely on what you've provided.  FR's aren't just a matter of credit limits granted but I doubt it's likely that AmEx would grant you a limit and then FR versus FR'ing before granting the limit if they were concerned.  Additionally, it seems like you may be conflating FR and income verification.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@takeshi74 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Is an fr pretty much imminent now?

We can't tell based solely on what you've provided.  FR's aren't just a matter of credit limits granted but I doubt it's likely that AmEx would grant you a limit and then FR versus FR'ing before granting the limit if they were concerned.  Additionally, it seems like you may be conflating FR and income verification.

@Exactly this- What @takeshi74 said.

Message 9 of 12
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hilton surpass 4000k

Green card

First off, you would not be subject to a Financial Review, but rather a Verification of Income. Both processes use the 4506-T, but the impact on your use of the AMEX cards is entirely different. With the instapproval for the Simply Cash, no, you didn't get the request for the 4506-T for verification of income, so that's not an issue right now.

This action might have some remote possibility of a Verification request, but only if you were able to get to more than $25k in total personal card CL (excluding the Simply Cash). Even this seems doubtful, because it would only put you at $23,500 in personal CL, presuming you asked for the 3x on the EDP. And even at $25k, it seems unlikely that you specifically would get a Verification request, as it depends on how confident they are in the truthiness of the applicant's annual income statement.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.