cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anybody using the Discover Score Tracker?

tag
Awesomely
Regular Contributor

Is anybody using the Discover Score Tracker?

Thinking about getting it and just wanted to know if the scores are actually true Experian Fico scores, $8 a month seems pretty nice.

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
andre181
Established Contributor

Re: Is anybody using the Discover Score Tracker?

I use it.

Its not a fico, its an EX plus score. Exactly the same as you would get from freecreditreport.com or any of the other EX services.

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 2 of 21
Awesomely
Regular Contributor

So are the scores close to the real thing? I might enroll now.

Message 3 of 21
andre181
Established Contributor

If you are going to use it to monitor your score, I don't recommend it. It only updates your score twice a month, and its a plus score as I said. Plus scores are somewhat accurate, but they can be way off.

If you want to use it to check your reports, its a good deal. You can pull a new EX report every 24 hours.

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 4 of 21
DI
Super Contributor

I don't waste money on any of those credit monitoring services. 

Message 5 of 21
Awesomely
Regular Contributor

Okay nevermind, just found out that it's damn difficult to find a FICO Experian score.

Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DI wrote:

To some people it's not a "waste".

Which category of "friendly, supportive, and respectful" does this unsolicited negative comment fall into?  Every member here in the forums is taking part in an environment CENTERED around improving credit, monitoring current reports, attempting to make positive gains in the credit world.  To a LOT of people, that means credit monitoring is helpful.  Making positive and helpful comments about advantages or disadvantages of certain services is certainly in line with the spirit of this community, but the holier-than-thou attitude regarding what other people do with their money or what their goals and methods are is getting old, and I see it in almost every thread from certain members.

It makes me feel unwelcome to try to contribute to the community and I'd appreciate it being kept in check.  

Thanks.

In reference to the OP, because Discover offers a Plus score, it does not correlate directly to your FICO scores, which most feel are the most useful scores to monitor and improve.  Any monitoring service that allows you to pull reports at your leisure and see trend data is useful, but for an $8 monthly fee, there are other services that may be more beneficial (i.e. USAA Credit Monitoring Premium allows you to see three FAKOs, and pull a new report from all three bureaus every day.  If you are just looking for trends or foor constant monitoring, this is a good bet.  if you are aiming for a certain loan and need to get your fico to a certain score, you may need to belly up to the bar and pay for true FICO scores [though you can find discount codes if you search around!]).

Good luck!

Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Awesomely wrote:

Okay nevermind, just found out that it's damn difficult to find a FICO Experian score.

PSECU.  Updated monthly for free.  Pretty simple (all automatic).

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

USAA Credit Monitoring Service...

FAKO but I think worth it for a while.

Ray

Message 9 of 21
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@DI wrote:

To some people it's not a "waste".

Which category of "friendly, supportive, and respectful" does this unsolicited negative comment fall into?  Every member here in the forums is taking part in an environment CENTERED around improving credit, monitoring current reports, attempting to make positive gains in the credit world.  To a LOT of people, that means credit monitoring is helpful.  Making positive and helpful comments about advantages or disadvantages of certain services is certainly in line with the spirit of this community, but the holier-than-thou attitude regarding what other people do with their money or what their goals and methods are is getting old, and I see it in almost every thread from certain members.

It makes me feel unwelcome to try to contribute to the community and I'd appreciate it being kept in check.  

Thanks.

In reference to the OP, because Discover offers a Plus score, it does not correlate directly to your FICO scores, which most feel are the most useful scores to monitor and improve.  Any monitoring service that allows you to pull reports at your leisure and see trend data is useful, but for an $8 monthly fee, there are other services that may be more beneficial (i.e. USAA Credit Monitoring Premium allows you to see three FAKOs, and pull a new report from all three bureaus every day.  If you are just looking for trends or foor constant monitoring, this is a good bet.  if you are aiming for a certain loan and need to get your fico to a certain score, you may need to belly up to the bar and pay for true FICO scores [though you can find discount codes if you search around!]).

Good luck!

I am entitled to my own opinion.  Again, I don't waste money on any credit monitoring services.   There's nothing negative about my statement.   I did not say anything about it not being helping or useful.   Those are your words.   If other members feel a need to subscribe to credit monitoring services that their choice. 

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.