Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone else being driven crazy waiting? Check in here

tag
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

Is anyone else being driven crazy waiting? Check in here

I applied for a First National Bank of Omaha VISA (so I can do two BTs) on Dec. 5; they pulled my EQ on Dec. 6, and still no word.  I check their online status-checker about a hundred times a day.  They may disqualify me if they find out I am the one clogging up their server.  (OK, really it's about a dozen times per day.)

Anyone else waiting?  And waiting and waiting and being driven crazy waiting right now ? ? ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is anyone else being driven crazy waiting? Check in here

@ChesterPDexter wrote:

Anyone else waiting?  And waiting and waiting and being driven crazy waiting right now ? ? ?

Yes.  I am waiting for it to be this time next year!  Hopefully, by then, we will have a FICO score and be able to buy a car, get unsecured credit cards, and move forward.  Right now, we feel totally stuck in nowhere land.

Message 2 of 20
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

I know it's slow going at first.  Been there, done that!

I got so antsy that I hit the "luv button" on my Texaco/Chevron but they said no.  I know someone said the top limit is higher than $1,200 but that seems like all they're going to give me.  Oh well.  I don't even have one of those stations in my area anymore.  Just wanted more for the utilization.

Then I called USAA to see if they would expand any of my credit lines but it would be a hard pull, so I cancelled the request.  They should review me at some point and give me something.  I guess I'm impatient and tired of waiting.

I called First National of Omaha and the nice CSR put me on hold to ask the credit dept. if they need anything further from me and they said no, and that I should give it more time to process.  He confirmed that they did NOT turn me down yet.  Maybe I brought my application to their attention.  I just want a yes or no from them soon.

Senior Contributor

Been waiting for a CLI from Household Bank since 11/28.   Not drving me crazy, almost forgot about it.

Message 4 of 20
moonman
Frequent Contributor

Chase cli nuff said lol..

Message 5 of 20
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Climbing the walls waiting for a CA that's misreporting to get straightened out on TU. EQ and EX both corrected the error. I just received a myFICO scorewatch today and found that I got back the points that I lost on EQ. My EX FAKO (I have no other way to gauge my EX score) is back to where it was before the error. But my TU tanked 80 points (from 684 to 608), so I'm going nuts waiting to see if things get taken care of properly and I get all of those points back.

Oh, and I found out when I filed the dispute with EX that Amex had softed me with an Account Review right after the error hit my report! So, I'm also sitting and waiting to see if Amex freaks and takes any AA. It's been a week and so far, so good; my card has been working all week, no phone calls or emails and nothing in red on the web portal. I'm hoping that they'll soft me again soon and see that the dispute was resolved in my favor.

I can tell you that my family will be happy when this is all over, because I'm really obsessing...

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 6 of 20
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

@ChesterPDexter wrote:

I called First National of Omaha and the nice CSR put me on hold to ask the credit dept. if they need anything further from me and they said no, and that I should give it more time to process.  He confirmed that they did NOT turn me down yet.  Maybe I brought my application to their attention.  I just want a yes or no from them soon.

It has been noted on these boards before that FNBO does a manual review on EVERY credit app. They are notorious for taking their time, but the reward is usually a generous CL and a reasonable or low APR.

I have received offers from them but have not applied so I have no direct experience. But I've seen good things about them on the forums.

App review is just an FYI for you so you don's assume it's bad news coming.Smiley Happy

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 20
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

Thanks, HoldingOntoHope.  Before I even read the last few posts, I was going to say, "Climbing the walls here!"

I really need to get a life.

I think I'm conditioned to being turned down because prime cards typically do turn me down.  I've improved a lot lately but I'm still conditioned to hearing "not good enough" whenever I try for a prime card.

Established Contributor

Well, you could knock me over with a feather right now.

I didn't hear anything yet from Omaha (despite checking a couple of dozen - or hundred - times per day) but I just could not resist... DOWN to the dungeon for me, I guess!  No garden club for me!  It's dungeon imprisonment! ! ! !  I could not resist, so I poked and prodded Citi's site until I got:

Approved!

Congratulations,XXXXX XXXXXXXXX. You have been approved for a Citi® Platinum Select® Card.

Your Welcome Kit and card(s) will arrive in the mail within two weeks at the address you provided. Upon arrival, follow the instructions on the security sticker to confirm receipt and activate your card for immediate use.
Print Account Details1
Card Name:    Citi® Platinum Select® Card
Initial Credit Line:    

$2,000.00

Purchase APR: 0% introductory APR for 21 months from date of account opening.   After that, your APR will be 16.99%.   This APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate. Balance Transfer APR: 0% introductory APR for 21 months from date of account opening when transfers are completed within 4 months from date of account opening.  After that, your APR will be 16.99%. This APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.

Your credit score

Source: Experian                        Date: 12/2011

The range of scores

Scores range from a low of 250 to a high of 900.

Key factors that adversely affected your credit score

Your credit report shows a derogatory public record or collection filed.
Your credit report shows that proportion of balance to credit limits on bank/national or other revolving accounts is too high.
Your credit report shows proportion of loan balance to loan amounts is too high.    
Your credit report shows too many inquiries in the last 12 months.

Established Contributor

By the way, that's the first real 700 score I've seen for myself - 

EVER  ! ! ! !  Smiley Happy

btw, my husband is such a shameless application-whore that before I was finished with this post or finished registering for online access, he had already applied, spoken with them on the phone to verify some things, was put on hold, and told he'll hear from them in the mail.  No instant approval for him.  If there's a sub-dungeon, he belongs in it.  He's got a real problem.  Smiley Indifferent